The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 08-26-2016, 06:52 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fogrider View Post
You're absolutely right. I left the ball end trebles on to give me a better break over the saddle, but I installed a set of D'Addario Pro-Arte Composite Core Flamenco wound strings. Much better!
Try a bunch of different brands and you may find strings that you like even better. I've been a staunch user of D'Addario Pro Arte Composites for years (and all of my steel string electric and acoustic guitars are still strung with D'Addarios), but finally decided to try a bunch of different sets on my Cordoba flamencos and so far the Luthier 20 set is my favorite. But I have several other brands in the hopper to try as well (including the Tomatitos).
Old 08-26-2016, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Milburn View Post
Which mechanical pegs did you use - Pegheads??

I cannot agree with the logic about ladder bracing. Fan bracing provides a platform which is nearly infinitely "tweakable" via balancing the various elements. The best flamenco guitars I have worked on tend to agree on a few points - low braces often wide, low bridge/saddle combo, thin tops.
Yes I used Pegheads.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redir View Post
Yes I used Pegheads.
(Apologies to the OP for the brief tangent...)

I've used them once, too. Nice pegs. I used the narrower diameter pegs which are now discontinued, apparently.

Ned Milburn
NSDCC Master Artisan
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Old 08-26-2016, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Milburn View Post
(Apologies to the OP for the brief tangent...)

I've used them once, too. Nice pegs. I used the narrower diameter pegs which are now discontinued, apparently.
Oh? Hmmm. I have not bought them in quite some time that's too bad. I'll have to take a look at their website, they used to offer them specifically for flamenco IIRC.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical