The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 10-20-2011, 08:57 PM
Charter Member

Default NGD.....NS74ce

I took a chance, a big one.......

I recently traded in my GS8 to Jim at Guitar Rodeo for a NS74ce. I'm a one guitar-at-a-time kinda guy, so needless to say I was terrified.

Wow wow wow!

I had posted asking about the risk of my move and got what I expected from many respected posters here....DON'T DO IT was pretty much the outcome...

Today, I think I have finally found my "sound.". The guitar has already made me a better player...it's opened new doors to my playing.....I think the fact that the Taylor nylons are HYBRIDS is important to mention here. I can still strum to a certain extent!

So a big thank you to Jim @ Guitar Rodeo and to Taylor for broadening my guitar playing, and to the forum for always being helpful....even if I don't really listen...

No, you can't see pics....it looks just like the ones on Taylors site...

Bill McBride
Sayville, NY
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 AM

I played a 72 a few weeks ago that was very very nice. I'll bet you enjoy yours for a long time. I inderstand the "one guitar at a time" feeling. I usually have only one 6 string. I have had it for 7 years and seldom look at anything else. Your new Taylor would cause to to take a look though. john
LoPrinzi model A baritone uke
Kerry Bannister mahogany nui (big baritone) uke
Kerry Bannister mahogany baritone uke
Harmony baritone uke
Old 10-21-2011, 04:06 PM

Congrats Bill. I bet there's not too many people who have traded a GS8 for a NS. Sounds like you made the right choice!

Are you able to post pics?
Old 10-21-2011, 09:27 PM
Charter Member

ill post pics soon....there are some cool tiny "inperfections" or beuaty marks in the rosewood that some might find interesting...The grain of the cedar is pretty cool too..the two pieces seem to "match" perfectly....

Just got done with another few songs worth of play....I feel like its so responsive to my touch.....I almost have everything great about a steel string in a crossover...

Then in the mail today comes acoustic guitar magazine with an article about fingertip/nail care....(and a cool article about Jerry Garcia)

goodnight...im going to flip through the rest of it!

Bill
Old 10-22-2011, 04:37 AM

Hey Bill - did you use a combination of pick and fingerpicking on you GS and also your NS? Or is the NS strictly fingerpicking? I'll do both on an acoustic but I never use a pick on a classical / nylon string.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Charter Member

Dru----it seems like every time I grab my thinnest pic, I put it down in favor of the back index finger/finger nail
Old 10-30-2011, 06:56 PM
Charter Member

Hi Bill,

I traded my GS8 about a year ago to Jim at Guitar Rodeo for an NS74CE. What a coincidence! I wanted to improve my nylon string guitar (I had an NS34CE which I gave to my son) and I had to get rid of the GS8 because the medium strings were killing my arthritic finger joints.

I, too, am glad I made the change, but I have other steel 6-string guitars. But no more medium strings...

- Glenn
Old 10-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Charter Member

Glenn,

the NS is kinda awesome...its made me a better player.....i loved the spund of the GS, but it was huge!

the NS is awesome...im not giving her back...

Bill
Old 10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by givempills View Post
...the NS is kinda awesome...its made me a better player.....im not giving her back...
Hi Bill,

When a new guitar makes you a better player, that's when you know you made the right decision!

That's great!

- Glenn
Old 11-14-2011, 08:15 PM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by givempills View Post
Glenn,

the NS is kinda awesome...its made me a better player.....i loved the spund of the GS, but it was huge!

the NS is awesome...im not giving her back...

Bill

BILL: Congratulations...love to hear a man who is HAPPY with the choice he made.

Alvarez Yairi CY-127-CE
Alvarez Yairi CY-140-CE

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical