The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace

Old 09-20-2019, 11:32 AM

Default Sam Guidry introduces Caseadillo Case covers

Hi all, Ive been busy over the last few months with a new side project which i am happy to share with you all but first i would to share the story of how this came to be.

I was traveling back from the Summer NAMM show where I had shown a guitar. My family and I had stopped overnight at a hotel to break up the drive and give the kids a chance to expend some energy in a pool before finishing our journey home. We loaded up the car in the morning and as we were traveling as a family, the car was packed to the gills so the guitar had to go in last. I use Calton cases for my instruments because I had already learned the hard lesson of breaking a guitar in an inferior case. There was just enough room to fit the guitar in the back and close the hatch. I thought we were ready to go but some item was left behind and my partner needed to stuff it in the back of the car but she didn't know the guitar was already in the vehicle. When she opened up the hatch, the guitar in the brand new Calton case fell out of the car and hit the concrete! My first thought was for the guitar, so i opened up the case and true to the reputation, the Calton protected the instrument valiantly and there was no damage to the instrument at all. The case, however, was terribly scratched. This is a big problem if you are trying to sell something as "new". In the end when the guitar sold, i had to discount it for the scratches on the case and I knew i needed to find a solution to this problem.

It was then that I began the search for a cover for my Calton cases. As many of you have found, the old Colorado Case company had disappeared. It was then that my partner and I decided to do something about it.

Over the last year we have been working on developing a cover that will fill the void left by Colorado cases. The design we have ended up with consists of custom fit cover that features 1000 denier nylon on the outside for durability and a center layer of foil faced closed cell foam that provides padding and thermal protection.

We are currently patterned for Calton Dreadnaught, OM and Jumbo size shells as well as Hoffee Dreadnaught shell with the full line of Calton shells in the works for later this year. What started out as a need to cover my own cases has grown into a potential side business and We are excited to see how things will turn out.

Our website isn’t up yet but if anyone would like to have more info, pm me and I would be glad to chat.

Without further ado, allow me to introduce Caseadillo Case Covers.
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12da by sam guidry, on Flickr
[IMG]
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12d6 by sam guidry, on Flickr[/IMG]
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12dd by sam guidry, on Flickr
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12dc by sam guidry, on Flickr
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12d9 by sam guidry, on Flickr
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_12d7 by sam guidry, on Flickr
Old 09-20-2019, 12:03 PM

Very cool and good news!

Those covers look bomber.

I know the mandolin community is in need of these as well....
Old 09-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras

Absolutely cool! I have wanted a new case cover for my new Kramer and wasn't sure if there was a good option. So I am excited about this. I will PM you, Sam.

Best,
Jayne
Old 09-20-2019, 12:43 PM
Charter Member

I would love to see what you have this weekend @ The Rocky Mountain Archtop Festival in Arvada, CO...
Old 09-20-2019, 01:59 PM

Thanks guys and spread the word. @olliver, man Dos are coming next! Jayne, we are doing the calton line up first then a universal series. @bob, see you there, it’s gonna be great!
Old 09-20-2019, 02:16 PM

I love the company name, Sam. I've had a few customers in the past that would have loved one of these. I have no doubt this venture will prove successful !!!
Old 09-20-2019, 09:13 PM

This is indeed a welcome development! Will these case covers fit the older Calton Canada or UK cases and for Mainstage cases also? What are their expected prices?
Old 09-20-2019, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

Smile Yay!

These look SWEET.

I applaud the thermal protection inside, and the strap holder D rings. I could even envision using one over my Mono Vertigo bag.

Best on the new venture!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC
Big Tunnel 14 RW/Bubinga Dread(ish)

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 09-21-2019, 11:30 AM
Charter Member

Hey Sam, this is great news !

Earlier this year, a taxi driver dropped my guitar on the sidewalk. While the Main Stage case protected the instrument from any damage, it sustained a nasty booboo due to the shock and has a scar to show for it. I asked my luthier about case covers and he told me that Colorado had gone out of business and that no one else had stepped up to fill the void.

Until now. I'll definitely order a cover if you make one in my size !
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Claxton OM Traditional
2014 Blackbird Rider
Old 09-21-2019, 04:20 PM
Charter Member

These look awesome, Sam!

Looking forward to seeing your website once it's up and running...
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 09-22-2019, 09:05 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Awesome! Let me know when you have something to fit Hoffee and Main Stage cases. I will need a few.
Old 09-26-2019, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitarro View Post
This is indeed a welcome development! Will these case covers fit the older Calton Canada or UK cases and for Mainstage cases also? What are their expected prices?

We haven’t tried all the cases, but early testing looks like they will fit uk and Canada calton and mainstage as well. The handle position is in different places so we use a zippered opening for the handle which allows for multiple handle positions
Old 09-26-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cigarfan View Post
Awesome! Let me know when you have something to fit Hoffee and Main Stage cases. I will need a few.

We have one hoffee size and the calton and mainstage so far are interchangeable
Old 09-27-2019, 05:34 AM

Sam, it’s good to see that you’re offering these case covers. Are you going to put up a website online, or stick with the Facebook page you now have? I’m not especially enthused about signing up for Facebook, frankly.

I’ve had insulated case covers made for mandolins and mountain dulcimers, as well as guitars. I still use the ones for dulcimers and mandolins, but the guitar case covers are substantially larger and add more weight to the guitar cases than I like.

Best of luck with this, and I’m really glad that you’re stepping up and starting to fill that void in the marketplace that was left when the Colorado Case Company shut down.

Wade Hampton Miller
Old 09-27-2019, 06:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post
Sam, it’s good to see that you’re offering these case covers. Are you going to put up a website online, or stick with the Facebook page you now have? I’m not especially enthused about signing up for Facebook, frankly.

I’ve had insulated case covers made for mandolins and mountain dulcimers, as well as guitars. I still use the ones for dulcimers and mandolins, but the guitar case covers are substantially larger and add more weight to the guitar cases than I like.

Best of luck with this, and I’m really glad that you’re stepping up and starting to fill that void in the marketplace that was left when the Colorado Case Company shut down.

Wade Hampton Miller
Our website should be up soon, and thanks for the encouragement. I figure we have already won because i can get covers for my own guitars, we will see who else wants to get covered

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Marketplace