The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 09-19-2019, 09:04 PM

Default One Month Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Thank you, Tom. I’ll let Jeff speak for himself...but this one was difficult for me to send off. I could have kept this as my “forever guitar”

joel
So, here's Jeff speaking for himself

I have not been able to spend as much time as I would like...my preference would be to play everyday. I have been able to play a number of hours so far and do believe I have a reasonable opinion that is more than the initial excitement of "new" and "oh boy!" I play semi-regularly with a band and between my practice, band rehearsals, and four live sets that I've played this guitar exclusively, I base the following review that I shared with Joel in a personal note.

I wanted you to know how wonderful I think the Chi Rho is as a finished work. It is exceptional. The fit and finish are just other worldly. Your craftsmanship and attention to detail are above reproach. Thank you.

I’ve spent not nearly as much time as I would want, but I’ve played the Chi Rho exclusively over the past four weeks and have nothing but the highest accolades of praise. She. Sounds. Superb.

While superlatives get a little redundant at times, none are truly adequate for what I’ve been experiencing thus far. Note separation is defined with any string and any location on the fret board I have played so far. A light touch commands as much response as the heaviest hand…and I have not been able to overdrive this instrument yet. The harder I play, the louder she responds…and with clarity. No mush. No muddy sounds. Amazing.

Her grace and beauty shine through with her simple, yet elegant appointments. I am thankful for your guidance in this area. I do not think there is anything I would change and I’m looking forward to growing a deep and abiding friendship with this very special instrument. Thank you for new joys to partner with all the joy I already have in this life.
If anyone is considering Joel (Two Hands Guitar) for a custom build, I offer my voice and experience as positive reference. You may feel free to contact me directly with specific questions I'd be more than happy to reply.
Edwinson EPS "iCrucified" [2011]
Edwinson Consort "Spirit" [2016]
THGCo. 000-Concert "Chi Rho" [2019]
Taylor 514e FLTD [2013]
Taylor 714e [2016]
Martin OM-21 Ambertone [2017]
Old 09-21-2019, 08:24 AM
AGF Sponsor

Thank you, Jeff. It has been a pleasure becoming your friend, and getting to know you, during this process. I greatly appreciate the fact that you took a chance on an unknown builder, and allowed me the opportunity to build this guitar for you. Most of all, though, I’m happy that you are pleased with the work of my “Two Hands”

Please stay in touch, and occasionally send pictures and sound clips of your adventures.

joel

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop