The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 06-23-2013, 12:33 PM

Default What do you know about the Ramirez 2NE

What do you know about the Ramirez 2NE, as to sound, build quality, the feel of the neck, playability, etc.

Martin 00-28
Cordoba C9
Yairi FY70CE
KoAloha Tenor Ukulele
KALA Tenor
Old 06-24-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kats45 View Post
What do you know about the Ramirez 2NE, as to sound, build quality, the feel of the neck, playability, etc.
I know I liked the one I played at sam ash a while ago a lot. Maybe even better than my 125 anos and my cordoba c9. The tone was very spanish, for lack of a better term, and playability was just great, (it may of been set up by the stores repair guy though). I might take a c10 though before it, for the price, or definitely a used loriente clarita would crush this guitar for the same price, . But I liked it a lot, the guy there complimented my playing, which doesn't happen much, lol, so you know the guitar was a good guitar if it could make my crappy plucking not sound excruciating to anyone nearby, . I liked that it had enough clarity to play scarbourgh fair and sound very nice, where as my 125 anos is muddy and dull when playing anything like that, anything that needs a tiny bit of clarity to sound good, like celtic music or baroque ya know. It didn't have as much overtones as my 125 though. I don't think I have a very good 125 anos specimen though in the first place. This is a good example of how just because a guitar is solid wood, doesn't mean it is better, as the 125 anos is all soild and the 2ne is laminated back and sides. Could just be comparing individual guitars though that vary like any other guitar. Oh, the tuners on the 2ne were just great, very smooth, and the rosette was nice too.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical