The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 03-27-2010, 12:41 PM

Default "Tentacle Toes" - slide song

Got a new song to bounce off ya all. It’s kind of a weird one—inspired by a true story involving a high speed chase, a full moon, and a terrified prostitute barreling down Gratiot Ave with a hoodwinked John clinging atop his own vehicle!

Later at the arraignment she says, “He got on top of the hood, and he really turned into like a werewolf or something . . . That guy wasn't human . . . It was a monster or something.”

Really, a “werewolf”—is that the best you can come up with? Although, what if that dude actually did in fact turn into a werewolf? Was he naked from the failed business exchange or perhaps did he just morph back into his birthday suit? Either way, the dashcam isn’t clear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEdWj7lE4ic

Enough funny stuff already. In other news, I’ve got show you my new slide. Custom made at diamond bottlenecks. 1-3/4 long with a 6mm thick wall section. Pretty cool—eh?

Old 03-27-2010, 06:53 PM
Charter Member

Fun song Brian

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 03-28-2010, 07:20 AM

Brian, that's some nice playing! My ears are shot, so I couldn't make out the lyrics very well, but I really enjoyed the groove!

ReverbNation (originals)

SoundCloud (the Hobo Troubadour)
Old 03-28-2010, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob1131 View Post
Brian, that's some nice playing! My ears are shot, so I couldn't make out the lyrics very well, but I really enjoyed the groove!
Thanks Bob and Rick. Nah, your ears are probably fine Bob. I’ve always had trouble enunciating—most likely due to the chestnuts that I’m storing in my jowls.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:03 AM

Funny song, love the words a lot. Also amazing melody - how you and the guitar move around so much in the song together, very cool. Love the playing -and the title is just great!

"Yeah!" - Blind Boy Fuller
Old 03-28-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawlie View Post
Funny song, love the words a lot. Also amazing melody - how you and the guitar move around so much in the song together, very cool. Love the playing -and the title is just great!
Thanks! I sat on that opening line for over a week trying to figure out how to develop supporting lyrics around a stubbed toe. Then that news story hit about the prostitute and her bizarre fish tale. I finished the rest of the lyrics that day. Inspiration can be found strange places!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell