The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 11-18-2015, 09:27 PM

Default NGD Journey OF660

Picked up an orange OF660 tonight. Love this guitar.

I travel quite a bit and this time of year I can be in some heated hotel rooms that my GS mini would not like.

This guitar sounds spectacular with great balance and sustain for days. Pretty darn loud for such a compact package too.

Sorry, no photos. Every time I have tried to add photos on this site I get so mad at myself for not being able to figure it out. At least I am not alone in that regard.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:33 PM

Nice, but as they say, without pics it didn't happen.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:59 PM

Cool

Then sorry....it did not happen.
Old 11-20-2015, 10:14 AM
Guest 928

Spons;

Congratulations on finding something that serves you so well. I believe that even if I'm not there, a falling tree makes a noise. Enjoy...
Old 11-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Anticipation Junkie

Spon, if it'll help to try posting photos...we really like photos...assuming you know how to upload your pics to a photo hosting site, once done, simply copy the URL from the site page and paste in-between as follows...

[img]paste URL here[/img]

There is an image insertion button in the editing tools, but if you select that, a default http:// prefix will appear in the pop-up box, so make sure there is only one http:// when pasting the URL, otherwise you will get an error.
Old 11-20-2015, 11:06 AM

Congratulation on the new guitar. If you ever do get the photo figured out I would like to see some pics.

The Journey had a number of fans on the old MacNichol forum. I suspect that will be true here as well
Old 11-20-2015, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponserv View Post
Then sorry....it did not happen.
No need to take offense SV, it's a tradition on guitar, as well as other forums to show off your new toy, not just announce it. I think it's a bit unnecessary with a guitar that looks just like all the others, but I don't make the rules.
Old 11-20-2015, 12:43 PM
Anticipation Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
No need to take offense SV, it's a tradition on guitar, as well as other forums to show off your new toy, not just announce it. I think it's a bit unnecessary with a guitar that looks just like all the others, but I don't make the rules.
Part of the interest in seeing actual member pics is to view the instrument more in real-world environments rather than the studio-perfect versions. Emeralds are a good example of this where the colors appear very vivid in the pro shots, but far more subdued in average lighting, but are still stunning. This 'could' affect some player's buying decision.
Old 11-20-2015, 01:13 PM
Charter Member

Plus, it's like "Show & Tell" in first grade again!! And who doesn't like that?? We're OK with the "tell"... but the "show" is good, too.

Congrats on the new guitar!
Old 11-20-2015, 01:40 PM

No offense taken Ted. And I truly get put off when folks don't upload photos of new guitars.....especially with gorgeous wood sets.

But I have tried and tried every method suggested on this forum to the letter and I can just never make it happen.

Not upset or anything but if the forum can't make it easy to post pics then I just won't be able to post them.

Believe me I am not the only frustrated member.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:06 PM
Guest 928

Spons;

I'm with you. I love it when other people show their stuff, but when it comes to posting visuals I am generally lost. Sometimes I've had friends do it for me, but that can be abusive.

My big problem is me. There's a piece of me that resists the electronic world (and I sometimes believe that the electronic world resists me). In any event, ever once in a while my computer and I do a face off and I generally come away bested. But that's OK. My guitars are a physical, sensory part of my real world and while I appreciate the audio/visual electronic world I find it somewhat tangential.

That said, I should also point out that I find this forum to be an important part of my world. And I like shopping on-line, and I really enjoyed working out the CD and portfolios on blythinart.com. I'm not totally adverse to the New World, but I also manage a certain distance-through-ignorance.
Old 11-20-2015, 09:56 PM

Just fun'n with you sponsor, all good
Old 01-05-2016, 07:08 PM

Smile Photos orange OF660

Hey guys - I posted these photos in another thread - sorry. Here's the link
http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...=of660&page=10

Here's the specs and features with a demo video: http://www.journeyinstruments.com/pr...n-fiber-of660/

I'll embed them here too:

1950s Martin Baritone Uke
A prototype of something you're likely to drool over.

9 yr old boy learning drums, 5 yr old girl who likes to groove with the beat, a music-loving toddler, 1 patient and amazing wife.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber