The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 09-29-2009, 06:20 PM

Default Jason Harrod

I've been listening to a lot of Jason Harrod lately; he's a guitar slingin' singer/songwriter. His "PowderHouse Rag" played on one of my Pandora Radio stations while I was driving to work one day and I fumbled... and failed to bookmark it. It was another 3 days of listening to that station before the song played again and I could see who the artist was. I then found his albums on iTunes and he's been in regular rotation on my iPhone ever since.

Check him out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eLx4TdivFo&fmt=18
Wenge B/S Lutz/Cedar Double Top
Old 09-29-2009, 06:36 PM

Hey that's nice! What guitar is he playing? Sounds great! Think I'm a fan now too.....
Old 09-29-2009, 07:06 PM

Very nice.....looks like a Lowden.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:55 PM

I like it! Not the best natural vocal talent I've heard, but he sure makes use of what he has!

I'd like to know what model Lowden that is. I'm not sure whether it's bigger than an F or not because I don't know how big Jason is. Looks and sounds like a cedar top, though.
Old 09-29-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Overtones View Post
I like it! Not the best natural vocal talent I've heard, but he sure makes use of what he has!

I'd like to know what model Lowden that is. I'm not sure whether it's bigger than an F or not because I don't know how big Jason is. Looks and sounds like a cedar top, though.

I think it said the recording was in a backyard (not a studio) so take that into account. In almost every case of my listening to live songs they are never the quality of the studio recording......
Old 09-29-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66strummer View Post
I think it said the recording was in a backyard (not a studio) so take that into account. In almost every case of my listening to live songs they are never the quality of the studio recording......
Nah, I've just been spoiled by the likes of Jeff Buckley, Matthew Santos, and City & Colour.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:37 PM
Charter Member

This is an old thread but... a local church was doing a benefit concert for Hatian relief efforts & Jason was the headliner. So I got to hear him play up close & personal. He was very, very good. He played the Lion song (among many others) and sounded a lot better tonight in person than in the YouTube link above. His voice sounded sort of like Sting's with a southern accent -- and he has some really nice lyrics in his songs. If you like indie/folk/acoustic you should check him out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell