The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 09-22-2020, 02:22 PM
Charter Member

I have never done a purely instrumental gig, but when I did some restaurant gigs it became obvious that most were there to talk to their partners / party, and not to listen to me, so I did quite a lot of noodling, especially bottleneck style on my National.

What you could do is to play the pieces with just the intro and the melody lines as you would during your breaks.

Like this : and

Last edited by Silly Moustache; 09-22-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGuitar View Post
Hi AGF, I’ve been playing some outdoor senior home gigs since the shutdown. I play and Sing. I’ve been asked to play for the senior home in November however this one will be different. It will be inside, with appropriate safety measures but they want me to play instrumental only (due to covid rules). The material I usually play for them is old school country (which they love), Merle, Willie, Waylon, Jerry Jeff, Kenny Rogers, Neil Diamond...etc. I play rhythm and lead but I am not a fingerstyle guitarist. Any ideas as to how I can pull this off with no singing (totally different than my normal gigs). I have a looper but, they want me to do my thing only without vocals. It’s a little out of my comfort zone. Tx for any thoughts!
I think the best solution is to get a Covid-19 test within 24 hours of the performance. I don’t see why you couldn’t sing if you tested negative.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write