The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 01-28-2019, 07:45 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
David;

I like your candidness, its sort of invigorating. On the other hand, there might be smoother ways to make your point.

For example, Emerald has nice production numbers and while he has made many visits to NAMM, I suspect that it is just not his kind of show. And I don't blame him--the show is supposed to be about musical instruments but the noise pretty much suppresses any attempt at music. In short, like many people, Alistair is not too hot on NAMM.

There is a serious distribution network that facilitates the big players and NAMM may be the hub of that network, where company representatives and owners can gather together and piece together how many of what goes to where. Alistair is definitely not part of the network. Sure doesn't seem to alter the quality of his instruments.

As closely as I can determine, every CF guitar and maker can be faulted in one way or another. Its good to have critical input and argument, but its better for your health to go forth with a heart full of hope while looking for the good stuff.
Thanks, Dad
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 01-29-2019, 08:20 AM

NAMM 2019
Fabulous array of every type of guitar under one roof.
From Luthiers from all over the world.
Learned and saw more in four days than one can in years.
And plenty of Xperimental new items intro'd.
Old 01-30-2019, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
NAMM 2019
Plus all the great musicians jamming and all the concerts outside, inside, and in the 2 big hotels right there...takes 4 days to see it all for sure and you still miss a couple hundred events and things. A lot of Chinese exhibits down in the basement with Journey and McPherson and....
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 01-30-2019, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostosh View Post
NAMM 2019
I've only been once, about ten years ago, it was truly overwhelming but in a good way. Looking at the videos and reading the reports on other forums it looks like it was a good show with a strong turnout. Looking forward to trying the new pickup developed by Peavey for CA.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber