The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 08-07-2018, 08:46 AM
Guest 928

I almost hate to bring this up, but half way never gets you there. Ask Zeno.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:05 PM

Word has it that the breaking point for most is at the five month mark.
Four months in and I’m crippled up in pain.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:17 PM

Your best bet is to practice like crazy on your other guitars for now, so you can show that new Emerald what you can do when it finally gets there!
GLWW (good luck with wait). Been there, done that.....
Old 08-07-2018, 03:46 PM

Think I’ll play my X-20 for awhile... hope this helps.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-07-2018, 03:51 PM

I was a hiking up a lil hill out here called Squaw Peak a few years ago and a lil guy asked his Mum as they where headed up...” How many more half way there’s are there?”.... Hope this helps as well.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 08-07-2018, 04:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Your best bet is to practice like crazy on your other guitars for now, so you can show that new Emerald what you can do when it finally gets there!
GLWW (good luck with wait). Been there, done that.....
Funny you should say that. That's exactly what I've been doing.

I might actually be able to play a few tunes halfway decently by the time it arrives.
Cordoba Stage

Some of my tunes: https://youtube.com/user/eatswodo
Old 08-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Guest 928

Well, this is going quite nicely--therapy for you waiters. I think Kramster and the Captain have done a marvelous job of holding this threat together and offering sage advice regarding the Zen of patience.

And just think it could be worse, it could be one of those narratives wherin you're rolling a rock up the hill, and just as you are almost there, the rock rolls back down. Boy! I hate that--been there.

And so, as the sun sets over the mountain, count your blessings, play your guitars, love your loved ones. Shared dreams have a way of coming true.
Old 08-07-2018, 05:53 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Well, this is going quite nicely--therapy for you waiters. I think Kramster and the Captain have done a marvelous job of holding this threat together and offering sage advice regarding the Zen of patience.
Oops.

Quote:
And so, as the sun sets over the mountain, count your blessings, play your guitars, love your loved ones.
And have another martini.
Cordoba Stage

Old 08-07-2018, 07:32 PM
Charter Member

Quote:

And just think it could be worse, it could be one of those narratives wherin you're rolling a rock up the hill, and just as you are almost there, the rock rolls back down. Boy! I hate that--been there.

And so, as the sun sets over the mountain, count your blessings, play your guitars, love your loved ones. Shared dreams have a way of coming true.
Freudian slip?
Old 08-08-2018, 09:00 AM
Guest 928

No "oops" to it, and Freud does not live here--great word choice, if I say so myself.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
No "oops" to it, and Freud does not live here--great word choice, if I say so myself.
This just in: Freud is still dead. So, he is no threat. Carry on.

I thought it was a great word choice, too.
Old 09-05-2018, 05:33 PM
Charter Member

Hey eatswodo...shouldn't you be only a couple of weeks away? I'm living vicariously through you, as I just passed my halfway date a couple of days ago (presuming the three-month estimate was on target and my change to nylon didn't delay me). Any news on your front? I'm almost as excited for you to get your Emerald as you are...okay that may be a dash of hyperbole. But I am excited for you.
Taylor Custom Grand Concert Master Grade koa, Taylor K22ce 12-fret AA koa, Emerald X7 "Kauai" (custom painted artwork), Grimes Hapa nylon, Benedetto Andy, Kanile'a GL6 Guitalele, Moore Bettah and KoAloha custom ukuleles, Rob Allen Mouse koa bass
Old 09-05-2018, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedwahine View Post
Hey eatswodo...shouldn't you be only a couple of weeks away? I'm living vicariously through you, as I just passed my halfway date a couple of days ago (presuming the three-month estimate was on target and my change to nylon didn't delay me). Any news on your front? I'm almost as excited for you to get your Emerald as you are...okay that may be a dash of hyperbole. But I am excited for you.
I’m a couple of weeks out based on a 3 month lead time. It was ‘3 months’ when I ordered, and then mysteriously became ‘3-4 months’ in subsequent correspondence. I’m encouraged by the recent flurry of activity that mine might be somewhere close, but I’m not going to bank on anything until they ask me for more money

Then I’ll believe it.

In the meantime, I’m insanely busy at work, and haven’t really had too much time to dwell on it.
Cordoba Stage

Old 09-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Guest 928

Ah! The flurry of activity response. What this means is that everyone has gotten together and figured out the slowest way to get you this package.

Come on; dwell on it. It will give you break from your work stress. Have you checked the tracking order recently?
Old 09-05-2018, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Have you checked the tracking order recently?
What is this ‘tracking order’ of which you speak?
Cordoba Stage

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber