The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-07-2015, 12:18 AM

A little bird told me that you had an experience with my Lucky Tree? Feel free to drop me an e-mail on your thoughts dont want to hijack your thread hahah hope that the Blackwood Rose has turned out to be everything you had hoped for and more!! I am sure it has been the highlight of the show

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-07-2015, 04:22 PM

@Marcus - Joel's design esthetic and execution is phenomenal.
The guitar plays and feels like a dream.

You should be as thrilled with your Two Trees as I a mwith the Blackwood Rose.

You and Joel have inspired me to see what Steve and I can do with a set of the Tree.��

@Tom - the first notes were deep, rich and harmonious, leaving me choked up as I tried to eke out "There is a Rose In Spanish Harlem" in s semi-public unveiling of the guitar.

I got my first chance to hear the Blackwood Rose from the other side of the guitar the next morning when Macyn Taylor played it for awhile. She seemed to like it, and I'm sure it will never again be played so well.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahobbs View Post
@Marcus - Joel's design esthetic and execution is phenomenal.
The guitar plays and feels like a dream.

You should be as thrilled with your Two Trees as I a mwith the Blackwood Rose.

You and Joel have inspired me to see what Steve and I can do with a set of the Tree.��

@Tom - the first notes were deep, rich and harmonious, leaving me choked up as I tried to eke out "There is a Rose In Spanish Harlem" in s semi-public unveiling of the guitar.

I got my first chance to hear the Blackwood Rose from the other side of the guitar the next morning when Macyn Taylor played it for awhile. She seemed to like it, and I'm sure it will never again be played so well.
Thank you and I am pretty sure I will soon be experiencing your excitement! Is this foreshadowing a future build with Steve with THE TREE?

Wow... I can't imagine how meaningful this guitar must be to both you and Steve. This is a great example of showing how a guitar is more than the instrument itself. I can't wait to hear more about the Blackwood Rose and maybe even a recording I see that Macyn Taylor has been going around all our favourite builds an extremely talented artist for sure.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-08-2015, 08:44 PM
AGF Sponsor

I was beyond thrilled when I walked through the hotel lobby on Thursday afternoon, and there was Macyn Taylor, one of the most gifted young guitarists on the planet, taking the Blackwood Rose through the paces. If you haven't heard/seen her play, you really MUST go to YouTube and prepare to be astounded. I've been a fan for awhile now, and I was over the moon that she graced Ken's new guitar with some tunes.
Someone else in the group took some photos with my phone, so I have actual PROOF this happened! (I'm the funny-looking dude on the left, and that's Ken, looking content, on the right.)

...But for me, nothing compares to the feeling of THIS: Ken, finally holding his new guitar...

Old 06-08-2015, 09:51 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
Hi, Tom! Not going to keep you waiting anymore. I know I've been off the radar screen lately- my to-do list was pretty full, and so I've kept my head down and pulled the plow.
Now, four of the six guitars I'm bringing to Memphis are ready for prime time. Here in the eye of the hurricane, I have a little time to post some photos. Here are some shots of the Blackwood Rose; and rather than dredging up the previous "All the Way to Memphis" thread, I think I'll start a new thread, featuring the other finished instruments, right after I finish this post.

Rose-engraved, Boxwood bridge pins by Bruce Petros...

Rose-engraved Boxwood tuner buttons, also by Bruce Petros. The tuners are Gotoh Premium Classical tuners, which Bruce has modified with 1/4" steel-string posts. With the standard 10mm nylon-string posts, these tuners have a 1:16 ratio; but with the 1/4" post mod, the ratio becomes 1:21.
I customized the tuner buttons by filling in the background of the relief carve with a 50/50 mastic of Blackwood dust and powdered copper. I then added a Tru-oil finish to them.

TOTALLY RAD!!!! Very artistic works! I dig it... Thx for sharing...
Old 06-09-2015, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEdwinson View Post
I was beyond thrilled when I walked through the hotel lobby on Thursday afternoon, and there was Macyn Taylor, one of the most gifted young guitarists on the planet, taking the Blackwood Rose through the paces. If you haven't heard/seen her play, you really MUST go to YouTube and prepare to be astounded. I've been a fan for awhile now, and I was over the moon that she graced Ken's new guitar with some tunes.
Someone else in the group took some photos with my phone, so I have actual PROOF this happened! (I'm the funny-looking dude on the left, and that's Ken, looking content, on the right.)

...But for me, nothing compares to the feeling of THIS: Ken, finally holding his new guitar...

That's a great couple of pics. Ken is flying high...Did Macyn give you any feedback on the sound?
Old 06-09-2015, 04:32 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Steve, it was absolutely a pleasure seeing you again and my hat's off to you for the beautiful collection of guitars that you somehow created in time for this show! It's been a fun road seeing all the guitars that you've built since we first met and I can't wait to see what you do next. We had a really great time catching up with you and thanks for introducing us to new friends.

JR

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop