The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-03-2019, 08:13 AM

Default Breedlove Concertina for Travel?

Now that I have crowed about getting down to 2 guitars, I have identified an outage. A travel guitar. Something I don't need electronics with, is small enough to fit in plane's overhead area, and still sounds good.

I have looked at the usual suspects and they don't flip my skirt up, but I am intrigued by the new (for 2019) Breedlove Discovery Concertina guitar. It's their entry level guitar, but I don't want to spend tons of money on something that might end up in the cargo hold of a jet.

It is a 12 fretter and a little bigger than a parlor, but not quite as big as the Concert.

Anyone have any experience or thoughts on this guitar? I like the bourbon burst, but the natural looks good too.
Old 05-03-2019, 11:29 AM

I'm sure the guitar is fine but nothing beats a Voyage Air to me. I like the fuller tone that a full-sized OM gives over the tone of the concertina.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion