The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 08-10-2018, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeX View Post
I love it. Very tasty!

Thanks you
Old 08-16-2018, 07:44 PM

That’s a beautiful guitar... how much does it weigh?
Old 08-16-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logdy View Post
That’s a beautiful guitar... how much does it weigh?
Around 4pounds
Old 09-29-2018, 07:08 AM

So this is my latest telecaster i call it operation underdog. It is bassed off a 69 thinline tele. It has been a lot of fun working on this since November 29th ( when i ordered the body) and last saturday it was totally finished. Both The body and neck are walnut. The freatboard is macascar ebony. Both the body and neck was made by tonebomb in alberta canada.the pauoferro pickguard was made by another small company ayr guitars in ontario canada. Ayr guitars supplied me with the pickguard and all the hardware. The electronics were all custom made for me by a company called darkmoon pickups. The pickups are a vintage set of alnico 2 for the neck and a alnico 3 for the bridge, the wire schematic is a jerry Donahue v2 .the goal of "operation underdog " was to only support small business for the build. Now lets talk reviews of the companies

Tonebomb:ToneBomb was great to work with . The sent me different prices of different styles of making the tele. The also sent me progress pictures and professionally dealt with my overly active ocd at times. And yes i plan on dealing with them again. The only thing i must warn you about is , they don't always have the wood you want in stock so it can take a bit longer but it is worth the wait.

Ayr guitars:Andrew McGauley i can't speak enough about andrew . Andrew approached me online about helping with some stuff on the build . I at first hesitated thinking " its just some goober one the internet wanting my money" I must say with andrew thar was not the case . Andrew helped make this tele look like it does.he caught my attention when he mentioned he could make custom pickguards .
I thought long and hard on it and finally caved into the idea. He really went above and beyond by sending me photos of samples of the wood he had to work with. he also sent progress pictures and i was amazed on how it came out. I would highly recomend andrew to any one who wants any personal stuff done. He was quick to respond and is full of useful suggestion.

Darkmoon pickups: Darkmoon Pickups i heard of them on a video on youtube. Dont let the slightly cheap pricetag fool you . This underdog company is no joke. Like andrew mark their master winder was great to work with. I already knew what i wanted for pickups so as a test i asked how to get that sound i wanted and his response was the same as the idea i had. It was less than three weeks i think when every thing was shipped to me. The only down side was i got hit by a big importation fee from importing goods into canada from the states. I did have a problem with the switch but i dont know what caused it. The guitar went to two places and ended up getting wired by two people before i got to test the guitar out. I honestly think the cap came undone from removal of the pickguard over and over again. Its a simple fix and mark offered to give me a hand via email if that isn't what caused the problem. I would recomend darkmoon to someone looking for that boutique feel but without the boutique price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars