The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old 03-27-2021, 05:06 PM
Hasbro Hasbro is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Austin
Posts: 606
Default

I'll definitely be there, I have to say that hanging out in person is much more fulfilling then participating on the forum.

People and guitars and good fun!

Going back into my spider hole see you guys in September
__________________
really likes guitars
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 03-27-2021, 06:17 PM
SprintBob's Avatar
SprintBob SprintBob is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4,624
Default

Flight, rental car, and hotel booked, can’t wait!
__________________
Doerr Trinity 00 (Lutz/Maple)
Edwinson Zephyr 13 Fret 00 (Adi/Coco)
Emerald X-20 (all carbon fiber)
Eastman 810CE (Spruce/Maple archtop)
Froggy Bottom H-12 (Adi/EIR)
Rainsong APSE (all carbon fiber)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 03-27-2021, 07:55 PM
Dogma Dogma is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 273
Default

Can someone more knowledgeable or creative with the AGF search function please post a link to the previous BIG event? It keeps telling me there is nothing by that name. It would be fun to see the photos again.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 03-27-2021, 09:30 PM
TomB'sox's Avatar
TomB'sox TomB'sox is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogma View Post
Can someone more knowledgeable or creative with the AGF search function please post a link to the previous BIG event? It keeps telling me there is nothing by that name. It would be fun to see the photos again.

Thank you!
Here is one, I can do more tomorrow

https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...light=Bowersox

OK, that is the only one I could find, I know there were two post threads with pics etc., but when the AGF updated recently, some threads were lost and the other must have been one of them, but this one is pretty good with a lot of photos and videos and mostly wonderful comments about the show.
__________________
PS. I love guitars!

Last edited by TomB'sox; 03-28-2021 at 08:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 03-28-2021, 10:03 PM
Scallywag Scallywag is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC
Posts: 432
Default

This looks like a great event, I'd love to attend! My question is... which guitar do I bring? Perhaps I'll check with the forum as the date approaches, see which one peaks the interest of folks around here. Seems like a great way to play and share instruments that aren't normally very accessible, even to folks like ourselves who seek these things out.
__________________
Martin 000-1
Santa Cruz FS
Beneteau CS
Kostal Jumbo
Taran Tirga Mhor
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 03-30-2021, 07:37 AM
SJ VanSandt SJ VanSandt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,105
Default Just a suggestion for luthiers

I have a suggestion for the luthiers that are going to be there. Just a suggestion, and you may write it off to my personal motives and preferences - and probably be smart to. Consider bringing a guitar that you can sell at your base price: no upgrades for bling, rare woods, special designs, bursts, etc. I know you all like to show off your woodworking chops at guitar shows, and I don't blame you, but one guitar that only demonstrated the sound you can create with basic, traditional materials would also be showing off. (And it would be more affordable for some of us - there: you have my motive revealed.)

Stan
__________________
Hatcher Woodsman, Collings 0002H, Stella Grand Concert
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 03-30-2021, 07:59 AM
Mark Hatcher's Avatar
Mark Hatcher Mark Hatcher is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peterborough, New Hampshire
Posts: 3,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJ VanSandt View Post
I have a suggestion for the luthiers that are going to be there. Just a suggestion, and you may write it off to my personal motives and preferences - and probably be smart to. Consider bringing a guitar that you can sell at your base price: no upgrades for bling, rare woods, special designs, bursts, etc. I know you all like to show off your woodworking chops at guitar shows, and I don't blame you, but one guitar that only demonstrated the sound you can create with basic, traditional materials would also be showing off. (And it would be more affordable for some of us - there: you have my motive revealed.)

Stan
I thought that was a great idea too. I include a number of features that commonly carry an upcharge. I thought that was a great way to show off what you are really getting from the start. I thought I could maybe get an easy sell to pay for the shows I brought it to. For four years I’ve been listening to people say, “Wow! this guitar sounds and plays great! If only it had a cutaway, if only it had an arm bevel, if only it had ........
So I plan to bring this Cedar on EIR Josie small jumbo to B.I.G. I don’t intend to bring it back home again so make an offer!

Mark
__________________
Mark Hatcher
www.hatcherguitars.com

“We learn who we are in practice, not theory”
David Epstein
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 03-30-2021, 08:16 AM
SJ VanSandt SJ VanSandt is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 2,105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
I thought that was a great idea too. I include a number of features that commonly carry an upcharge. I thought that was a great way to show off what you are really getting from the start. I thought I could maybe get an easy sell to pay for the shows I brought it to. For four years I’ve been listening to people say, “Wow! this guitar sounds and plays great! If only it had a cutaway, if only it had an arm bevel, if only it had ........
So I plan to bring this Cedar on EIR Josie small jumbo to B.I.G. I don’t intend to bring it back home again so make an offer!

Mark
Mark, aren't you also bringing a Woodsman? That's also base price - or close to it, anyway. I'm looking forward to playing whatever you bring, and I'm not totally ruling out coming home with some bling!

Stan
__________________
Hatcher Woodsman, Collings 0002H, Stella Grand Concert
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 03-30-2021, 09:28 AM
Dustinfurlow Dustinfurlow is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 2,144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Hatcher View Post
I thought that was a great idea too. I include a number of features that commonly carry an upcharge. I thought that was a great way to show off what you are really getting from the start. I thought I could maybe get an easy sell to pay for the shows I brought it to. For four years I’ve been listening to people say, “Wow! this guitar sounds and plays great! If only it had a cutaway, if only it had an arm bevel, if only it had ........
So I plan to bring this Cedar on EIR Josie small jumbo to B.I.G. I don’t intend to bring it back home again so make an offer!

Mark
If it is the Cedar/Indian Josie I am thinking of, that was in my top 3 favorite guitars at Woodstock!
__________________
Dustin Furlow

-Award-winning Songwriter/Guitarist, Photographer/Video Freelancer
-Proudly endorsed by Larrivee Guitars, D’Addario Strings, G7th Capos and K&K Sound
-Music on Spotify and YouTube: www.youtube.com/dustinfurlow
-"Woodscapes" Modern Solo-Guitar Album
available at www.dustinfurlow.com/shop
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 03-30-2021, 10:04 AM
Mark Hatcher's Avatar
Mark Hatcher Mark Hatcher is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Peterborough, New Hampshire
Posts: 3,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustinfurlow View Post
If it is the Cedar/Indian Josie I am thinking of, that was in my top 3 favorite guitars at Woodstock!
If only it had a cut-away!
__________________
Mark Hatcher
www.hatcherguitars.com

“We learn who we are in practice, not theory”
David Epstein
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 03-30-2021, 10:49 AM
Ernesto Ernesto is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 263
Default

Folks, Im so happy for you. If B.I.G. is back, the world is not going down after all! The lineup sounds fantastic.This year we will be moving back from Chile to Europe in autumn, but I hope to be able to participate one day! Let it roll...
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 03-30-2021, 02:32 PM
TomB'sox's Avatar
TomB'sox TomB'sox is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
Folks, Im so happy for you. If B.I.G. is back, the world is not going down after all! The lineup sounds fantastic.This year we will be moving back from Chile to Europe in autumn, but I hope to be able to participate one day! Let it roll...
Ernesto, I know you were going to come last time, I only hope you can figure out a way to make it happen!
__________________
PS. I love guitars!
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 03-30-2021, 04:13 PM
jklotz jklotz is offline
Charter Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,662
Default

I've really got to make it down for this. That seems like a heck of a good time.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 03-30-2021, 08:10 PM
Joel Teel's Avatar
Joel Teel Joel Teel is offline
AGF Sponsor
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Fairhope, Alabama
Posts: 565
Default

Life’s been hectic, and I’ve been pulled in a thousand different directions over the past year...but it looks like I’m gonna have to buckle down and make some time to get back to being active on the AGF again, Tom.

Looking forward to being a part of your BIG shindig once again!!!
__________________
‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
000/Concert, Sitka/Brazilian Imbuia

‘17 Two Hands Guitar Co.
0000/Auditorium, Sitka/Indonesian RW

‘93 Taylor 712 (I spent 20 years trying to convince the owner to sell me this guitar)

‘95 Taylor Limited Edition GAWS (I traded my Gibson J-200 for this guitar in ‘95)

TWO HANDS GUITARS
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-04-2021, 06:28 PM
TomB'sox's Avatar
TomB'sox TomB'sox is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: The Lone Star State
Posts: 9,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I've really got to make it down for this. That seems like a heck of a good time.
You do and it is. I know Steve S. would love you to come as would I. I want to see that Bond theme in person!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Teel View Post
Life’s been hectic, and I’ve been pulled in a thousand different directions over the past year...but it looks like I’m gonna have to buckle down and make some time to get back to being active on the AGF again, Tom.

Looking forward to being a part of your BIG shindig once again!!!
I think your guitars generated more talk than anyone at the first show. Seriously, for the new kid on the block, people were amazed. I am expecting even better stuff, it is 2 years later after all LOL!


I just wanted to make sure everyone noted the addition of Rebecca Urlacher and Jason Kostal to the initial list of luthiers. They came in a little later even though I added them to the initial post. Between Leo and Jason, I believe that makes 2 Somogyi campers and Rebecca is simply at the top of her game right now!!! Please consider the show, it is a great time and different from anything else you have attended. A good friend of mine today just said, it is 3 days straight with a smile on your face that just won't leave!
__________________
PS. I love guitars!
Reply With Quote
Reply

  The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Thread Tools





All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, The Acoustic Guitar Forum
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=