The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-07-2019, 03:03 PM

Whether it sounds like a typical UST or not I can still enjoy this performance, I have no problem with this. But what I don't understand is why not make the acoustic guitar sound more natural if it's easily achievable nowadays.
As someone mentioned, playing it through the Aura Spectrum Di would make a difference. At this point people say, Mayer might actually like the piezo sound, so it's his preference, not yours.

But I don't believe it because in almost all studio recorded albums of anyone we hear mic'ed acoustics, even if it's a rock song. That's how acoustic guitars sound best.
In a live setting, adding the Fishman Aura (or something similar) would not cause more feedback issues than a UST on its own.

Here is a band incorporating an acoustic in a rock song:
Old 03-07-2019, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Well for most comments in the thread I agree yes they do not reflect a narrow focused perspective ... But I think in reading all the comments in all the posts. "some of the comments" do look like a pretty narrow focus .

For example : Funny you should say " I don't think anyone is being narrow minded"........ and then in the next sentence state ..........
"It's more so a question of why certain artists care and others don't when it comes to UST tone." .... Where the assumption that it is a question of "caring" or "not caring" is in itself a bit of a narrow perspective.
Because it's founded in the presumption that those who "care" (about their tone) choose something besides UST and conversely to choose to use UST, means that they "don't care" about their tone ... Which as stated precludes it possibly being a matter of liking UST tone, or a matter of deciding the UST tone fits better in the mix or music, or other decision to use UST based on "caring" ....

There is a quote (forget who) "The words we use almost always, reflect the way we really feel"

And rockdog 49 lately is seems we have agreed on a few things, Maybe it's the weather or phase of the moon
As an English teacher, I know full well the importance of using the correct words With that said, me using the word “care” does not necessarily mean something negative. I simply meant that many artists care more about the music and most likely love the consistency and tone of a UST, which I also pointed out. Then there are those who think it’s terrible. I believe I even pointed that out in my post. What’s that other saying “assuming makes an...” something like that lol.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
As an English teacher, I know full well the importance of using the correct words With that said, me using the word “care” does not necessarily mean something negative. I simply meant that many artists care more about the music and most likely love the consistency and tone of a UST, which I also pointed out. Then there are those who think it’s terrible. I believe I even pointed that out in my post. What’s that other saying “assuming makes an...” something like that lol.
Obviously "care" is not usually a negative, but "don't care" usually is ....

So then so to clarify , what you actually meant was "many artists care more about the music (more than what, I wonder ? ) and most likely love the consistency and tone of UST". Got it , I guess I was confused given that is not what you said in your previous post, my mistake , thanks for illuminating that distinction

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-07-2019, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Obviously "care" is not usually a negative, but "don't care" usually is ....

So then so to clarify , what you actually meant was "many artists care more about the music (more than what, I wonder ? ) and most likely love the consistency and tone of UST". Got it , I guess I was confused given that is not what you said in your previous post, my mistake , thanks for illuminating that distinction
No worries. I know you are being sarcastic but I am just trying not to get misquoted.
Old 03-07-2019, 05:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
No worries. I know you are being sarcastic but I am just trying not to get misquoted.
You weren't misquoted that's exactly the point. I simply replied to what you actually wrote and did not make assumptions as to what else you may or may not have ment.

Yes I was being a bit sarcastic, it's a fault of mine, apologies..

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 03-07-2019, 05:38 PM

Quote:
You weren't misquoted that's exactly the point. I simply replied to what you actually wrote and did not make assumptions as to what else you may or may not have ment.

Yes I was being a bit sarcastic, it's a fault of mine, apologies..
I get it, misunderstandings happen.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:47 PM

John Mayer should install a Schatten HFN in that guitar!
Old 03-08-2019, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarLuva View Post
John Mayer should install a Schatten HFN in that guitar!
Yes, he definitely needs to visit the AGF chats more often if he wants to stay in the world top league of amplified acoustic guitar players

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification