The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-23-2019, 10:25 AM

Default MiSi Magpie Air

There is very little information available on this intriguing pickup. The (rather short) product manual is available on the new MiSi website but apart from this, there are no sound clips and no user reviews.

Does anyone out there have any experience with this pickup? I currently use a SD magmic but have always been interested in a comparable, battery-free, lightweight system. Also, I like the idea that you have more options for blending the mic and mag. For instance, you could have a mix of 100% mic and 0% mag, which is something you cannot do with the SD Magmic.

Sorry for the whiny post but I am really fascinated by this new system.

http://mi-si.com/products/

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 05-23-2019, 11:12 AM
Charter Member

I have one that I need to review on my channel soon.
Old 05-27-2019, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroUSA View Post
I have one that I need to review on my channel soon.
Hi Aaron, if you could, please post on here once you get that demo video up. I am looking for a second pickup to use in my Taylor for when feedback is an issue with my HFN. I am in the fortunate position of having two output jack holes in my guitar so adding the Magpie is an option. I like how the pickup itself can easily be disconnected from the main wire. I hate being tied down by a soundhole pickup that's permanently installed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification