The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-25-2019, 07:29 AM

Default Trace Elliot Transit A ?

I've about decided on the Trace Elliot Transit A floor pedal, and was wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with it - good or bad? I play mainly at church. I've got a semi acoustic with B-band UST/AST pickups, switchable to a noiseless single coil at the neck. I like the modest effects that come on the pedal ( chorus, reverb, delay, and boost). the tuner and mute are a must, and it has Trace's acoustic shaping mix built in...
Old 02-25-2019, 07:45 AM

I have this unit and use it when I don't want or need to take a pedal board.

Pros:
- Built like a tank
- Tuner is easy to read/use in low light
- Has most of the features you need in one small, compact unit
- Nice carrying pouch

Cons:
- Doesn't play well with non-OEM adapters
- Hard to read knobs due to backlights
- Boost knob gets real loud real quick

I think it's worth considering, good bang for the buck.
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah
Old 02-26-2019, 07:27 AM

A question on it - does the tuner button 'lock' in mute position, or is it just a momentary switch? I need one with a constant mute for use during service. From what I've been able to find on it the tuner button is just momentary.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:46 AM

I bought one of these, and received it a few days ago. So here is a short review for those that may be interested.
First, a very high build quality. Heavy cast aluminum housing, stomp switches are all real switches, not the flimsy circuit board type. This is a very functional unit, offering a few great effects, some good acoustic EQ features and very versatile. Effects include reverb, Chorus, delay, variable boost,and something of a compressor that is tied to the input level control. It has a boost switch for passive pickups that increases the gain on the input. There are 1/4" phone, and XLR outputs. The tuner function mutes the output, and tuning is very easy to do, and see where you are with this unit. If you are wanting a DI that leans more toward flexibility and added effects, and less toward capturing that ' true acoustic' sound, this might be for you.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification