The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 05-21-2019, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmct View Post
Working with youtube downloads is important to me as that is what I work with now. I download the youtubes with "Realdownloader" the downloading program from Real Player. Then I open them with Mediaplayer to use the slow down function. It looks like the realdownloader does save them in MP4.

I think I will give Transcribe a try, though it may be a few days before I get around to it.
When you do, you can just open an MP4 with Transcribe, and you'll get its usual window, plus a video window, which you can resize as you want and control from Transcribe. Have fun!
Old 05-22-2019, 08:20 AM

There's a great phone app called AudioStretch (IOS, not sure about other phones) which is great for slowing down and repeating phrases. Phone only though, not computer.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhodgeh View Post
My Airturn Duo BT-106 works fine with my Surface and it's built-in Bluetooth.

I do have an older laptop that I've had to use a BT dongle on in the past. Have not tried the Duo on that machine just yet, but will be now.

D
I just bought one of these -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-T...WFN/ref=sr_1_4
- and can't get the thing to connect (to my bluetooth-equipped windows 10 PC).
I've obviously searched for online advice to no avail, so if you have any ideas (had similar problems?) let me know.
PM me obviously, no need to clog up this thread. (I'm just posting here in case anyone else has advice. The manufacturer (Strich) has no website - obviously suspicious - and I'm awaiting a response from the microsoft community forum.)

Last edited by srick; 05-23-2019 at 07:13 AM. Reason: masked profanity is not allowed
Old 05-23-2019, 08:58 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
I just bought one of these -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-T...WFN/ref=sr_1_4
- and can't get the thing to connect (to my bluetooth-equipped windows 10 PC).
I've obviously searched for online advice to no avail, so if you have any ideas (had similar problems?) let me know.
PM me obviously, no need to clog up this thread. (I'm just posting here in case anyone else has advice. The manufacturer (Strich) has no website - obviously suspicious - and I'm awaiting a response from the microsoft community forum.)
If you are already doing the steps in the Windows advice link below to no avail you could try a question on the Amazon page listing the device, or try contacting them at
email: [email protected]

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-a...-on-windows-10

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 05-23-2019, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
If you are already doing the steps in the Windows advice link below to no avail you could try a question on the Amazon page listing the device, or try contacting them at
email: [email protected]

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-a...-on-windows-10
Thanks. I have indeed tried all those steps (and many more), but I'll try that email too. I found a different one, which I've already tried (no response yet), but I'll copy it to that one.
Old 06-02-2019, 07:33 AM

Just to update the foot pedal issue...

After much ineffective advice from two different online/email sources (eg, updating drivers had no effect), it turns out the problem was solved by a BIOS update.
I can now report that this Bluetooth Music Pedal -
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bluetooth-T...=2DR8KPCAZO1VT
- does works with Transcribe - up to a point anyway.

Firstly, the Foot Pedals dialogue in Transcribe doesn't recognise it (i.e., the "Select Pedal" button only shows my qwerty keyboard). I presume that means I can't program it any way.

But - without any setting up - the five options on the pedal (tiny push buttons which you need to choose by hand before using it as a foot pedal) work as follows:

[1] = skip through the waveform screen by screen (left or right) (equivalent to page up and page down)

[2] Left pedal = create/extend a selection of the waveform back from the play point; Right pedal = reduce the selection back towards the play point. (I.e., you can't select forward from the play point.)

[3] = move through the waveform in small steps (left or right) (equivalent to line up and line down)

[4] (works with mouse pointer).
Left pedal moves play marker to pointer position
Right pedal selects waveform between play marker and pointer position. (I.e., this enables the forward selection you can't achieve with [2].)

[5] Left pedal only = Play from play marker / Stop.

Settings 1-3 are affected by an additional Repeat switch (a slider you need to set beforehand). Repeat On means the holding the pedal will continue the move. Otherwise it's just one move at a time (per pedal press), even if the pedal is held down.
This doesn't affect option [5]: one press of the pedal will set Play in motion, and another press will stop it.
The disadvantage here is that there is no pause option. Play always begins from wherever the Play marker is.

Just to underline: you can only have one of those 5 options on at any one time. No way of switching between them using your feet!

I'm still not sure how useful I will find any of these options myself. I was hoping to reduce my mouse use, which - with any lengthy transcription operation - threatens CTS... ; but obviously some mouse use is still necessary. I'm currently checking out all the keyboard shortcuts....

Last edited by JonPR; 06-02-2019 at 08:00 AM.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:05 AM
Charter Member

I just found that Transcribe will load mp4 files and if you don't have gstream installed you won't get the video, but you'll get the sound track.

Youtube! Please subscribe!

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write