The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 01-21-2023, 06:50 AM

Default Looking for a music producer

Hello! So im making a music video of me playing and singing a original song and just looking for a music producer to edit the video and maybe add other instruments and such. Anyone that can do that type of stuff around here?
Old 01-21-2023, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytron08 View Post
Hello! So im making a music video of me playing and singing a original song and just looking for a music producer to edit the video and maybe add other instruments and such. Anyone that can do that type of stuff around here?

I believe a few of us do. I know at least myself & Bob W do. Perhaps a couple others.

Can you outline what you're looking for more specifically & also are you looking for a freebie or are you looking to hire a producer? I'm going to bet that makes a difference. Producing a single can take a lot of time & effort.

1927 Martin 00-21
1986 Fender Strat
1987 Ibanez RG560
1988 Fender Fretless J Bass
1991 Washburn HB-35s
1995 Taylor 812ce
1996 Taylor 510c (custom)
1996 Taylor 422-R (Limited Edition)
1997 Taylor 810-WMB (Limited Edition)
1998 Taylor 912c (Custom)
2019 Fender Tele
Old 01-23-2023, 06:04 AM

Thanks Duple for the reply! I actually just finished a rough draft for my original song... Im planning on getting a scarlett dai and a mic for a better recording. But this is what I got so far... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EgMf29NIEk Could someone remaster that and make it sound better? I do plan on paying.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Byron First what a great tune and catchy initial musical arrangement

I think it is a good news bad news situation

The Good news :::I think it is good enough to consider a couple options

#1 One being an interface and a mic as you mentioned

#2 The other would be to find a local smaller pro studio,, take the Youtube Video as a demo and inquire what a couple hours of recording and mixing time would cost

I would be happy to play around with remixing what have so far,, and do not need payment --BUT & HOWEVER ::

The Bad news ::The vocal level is going to be very problematic because it is so low and drowned out but the guitar I can't understand the lyrics.
And perhaps more important appears to be recorded with the guitar at a such a low level compared to guitar, and thus there would be no way to separate it from the guitar to bring the vocal level up,, without boosting the guitar the same amount...
Any chance you can do a vocal only overdub
#1 what digital file format is the recording (I assume the keyboard and percussion are separate files from the guitar vocal -Yes ? )

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4
Old 01-23-2023, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bytron08 View Post
Thanks Duple for the reply! I actually just finished a rough draft for my original song... Im planning on getting a scarlett dai and a mic for a better recording. But this is what I got so far... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EgMf29NIEk Could someone remaster that and make it sound better? I do plan on paying.

I really like the feel and groove of this, but I'm just going to be honest: I would find a local studio, pay for recording time & work with them to get it produced. I don't know where you are located, but there must be a legit studio somewhere nearby. And that way you can focus on being the artist/performer & not have to also try producing & engineering yourself. The money you'd spend on an interface & decent mic would be better spent on studio time.

Learning to engineer takes the same time & energy as learning to play. Lean on someone who has already put in decades at getting good at it. You can still practice engineering by making your demos.

In the end I believe you will be much happier...especially if you plan on releasing it. Plus, you'll gain valuable insight watching a good engineer work. Part of the price of admission is getting to see how things are done...benefiting from those years of experience.

1927 Martin 00-21
1986 Fender Strat
1987 Ibanez RG560
1988 Fender Fretless J Bass
1991 Washburn HB-35s
1995 Taylor 812ce
1996 Taylor 510c (custom)
1996 Taylor 422-R (Limited Edition)
1997 Taylor 810-WMB (Limited Edition)
1998 Taylor 912c (Custom)
2019 Fender Tele
Old 01-29-2023, 06:15 PM

I would definitely try to find somebody local, if you can, who has a studio and has some experience.

Where do you live? And what's your budget?

This is a recording studio I've used in Nashville to record demos. You can do it without even being there if you want. Just to give you an idea of prices. You can probably find something even less expensive if you look around.

https://www.beairdmusicgroup.com/prices

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD