The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops

Old 01-23-2023, 02:44 PM

Hi!
I’m quite sure that instagram clip is just a recording made with an Iphone, I’m sure the sound from the microphones will be better!

The visit at Monteleone’s was one of the highlights of this tour.
Thank you Howard for making this possible.
I played some solo and duo pieces for him, he seems he enjoyed them a lot.

I am playing archtop guitars since quite a long time, as I always believed they could do much more than jazz.
It was great to see other people (Mirabella, Monteleone, the Archtop Foundation) who are on the same page!

Maybe I’ll do a post with my considerations about the blue guitars I’ve had the pleasure and honor to play.
Old 01-23-2023, 03:03 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by woland View Post
Hi!
I’m quite sure that instagram clip is just a recording made with an Iphone, I’m sure the sound from the microphones will be better!

The visit at Monteleone’s was one of the highlights of this tour.
Thank you Howard for making this possible.
I played some solo and duo pieces for him, he seems he enjoyed them a lot.

I am playing archtop guitars since quite a long time, as I always believed they could do much more than jazz.
It was great to see other people (Mirabella, Monteleone, the Archtop Foundation) who are on the same page!

Maybe I’ll do a post with my considerations about the blue guitars I’ve had the pleasure and honor to play.
Fabio, you dawg:-)

Nice to see you posting here, and thanks so much for the shout-out on Facebook earlier today! I look forward to seeing any video that Rod might have taken.

I haven’t yet spoken with John, but I’m certain he was kvelling! I noticed you had your Mirabella with you, yes? I’ve known Cris for many decades, and he’s a bright spot in the archtop world!

Anyway I’m very dusty and the shower calls, but I’m so glad you were able to make the sojourn to meet John!

Ciao,
Howard
Old 01-26-2023, 09:57 AM
Charter Member

Fascinating thread, Howard...

Those archtops at the start of the thread are really beautiful works of art as well as lovely guitars!

- Glenn
Old 07-15-2023, 04:44 AM

Hi!

Last June I spent three days in Long Island, recording my upcoming plectrum-style solo guitar album, "Out of the Blue".
The Archtop Foundation provided me with an amazing instrument: a D'Aquisto Centura Deluxe from the The Blue Guitars.
It's an honor I hope to deserve!
Here's a short teaser, recorded during the session.
Please keep following me for more updates!

Old 07-23-2023, 04:46 PM

The D'Aquisto is my absolute favorite of the blue guitars. They are all amazing but that one really stands out to me visually and sound wise.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Archtops