The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 01-19-2023, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ C View Post
My comment is probably so out of date I should just keep it to myself but…

Back when all the sound came off stage and we used all of a 100w amp behind us in our ears I took to stuffing cotton wool in them under my long hair. It really messed with me for a gig or two but I soon adjusted and noticed how much more I heard while not being overloaded - that was more important than hearing all the highs that cotton wool filtered out.

Now sadly I’ve learned to not go to concerts. Playing beside a drummer and with a twin aimed at one ear and a wedge at the other is so much quieter that being in front of someone’s pa. We ask our sound guys to not hurt anyone out front .. I wish more would do that. People who don’t use what their sound system can deliver earn my respect in a coupe of ways.
Totally!

I love my Twin and will never part with it but I now use an 18 watt Marshall and our sound guy is the best! As long as we hear ourselves comfortably on stage then the rest is perfect.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars