The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-02-2023, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

Yep, my GAS has been gone for a very long time. It’s nice to find what makes you happy. I won’t turn out the lights though. You never know what might come to visit.
Old 02-02-2023, 03:22 PM
Charter Member

What has brought me to this place has been a desire to focus on improving. Improving at a steady pace has distracted me from seriously shopping for more. I keep my eyes out, but it would both have to be exceptional guitar and price at this point.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 02-02-2023, 04:40 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in TC View Post
Looking is part of the fun, even if there is no intent to purchase, though maybe a little risky. But a guy on a diet can still look at the menu.
This is how I feel. I arrived here in 2014 or so, looking for more guitar knowledge and, well, guitars. I got both! And while I've been quite happy with all of this for the past few years, I love looking at the Classifieds. So many cool instruments, and the comments are often very informative, and I like that aspect very much.

I apologize for "artificially" boosting the "view" number....

Oddly enough I've reached a point where I could afford to buy nearly any guitar I'd want - but again I'm happy with the ones I have. At some point I will buy something "different", just to try a different builder, shape, etc. No hurry though.

Martin D-41, Larrivee L-19; Gibson L-130; Taylor 614-ce-L30; R Taylor 2
H&D Custom OM; Bauman 000
Cervantes Crossover I; Kenny Hill 628S;
Rainsong Shorty SGA; CA GX Player, Cargo;
Alvarez AP70; Stella, 12-string; 2 Ukes; Gibson Mandola; Charango, couple electrics
Old 02-02-2023, 05:12 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosewood99 View Post
For the past 10 years, I’ve been trying to find that one guitar that would allow me to thin the herd. I’ve been fortunate to own two froggy bottoms, two Santa Cruz, A Goodall, a Huss and Dalton, and a McIlroy to name a few. All fine guitars in their own way, but none of them made me want to part with the guitars I have.

I’ve come to realize that for me, there is no one guitar. I enjoy the variety that I have. They’re all paid for, so I think I’m just gonna stop looking and enjoy what I have. For the first time in a long time, I haven’t had the desire to look at the classifieds. kind of a weird, feeling not to be searching for the next guitar.
Unless you have run out of room, never "thin the herd" just to "thin the herd." I've read many seller's remorse threads here.

I have a good variety of guitars and when I pick one up, the feeling that I should have grabbed a different one never comes. I think it's important to have at least 2 guitars to be able to have different tones.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion