The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-09-2022, 07:39 AM

Very nice looking guitar. Congratulations to you.
Old 06-09-2022, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
I think you have a floating armrest. Did you finish it separately then attach it?
Hi - The Armrest was cut to a shape that fairly closely aligns to the body shape then routed underneath. The intent is that the contact point sits over the sides and some of the reversed kerfing - so not affecting the soundboard. The actual shaping and final alignment with the body was done once it was glue in place - and pretty simple - just sandpaper for the inner edge and small planer and sandpaper for the outer edge / top.
Old 01-17-2023, 09:48 PM

Late to the party here, but great job Paul!
I've been in discussions with Steve in regards to my next build, which at this time is planned for around my 50th birthday in a couple of years.
The Falcate bracing is certainly different to look at. How do you rate it against your other guitars? What difference does it bring to the party?
2022 Yamaha SLG200S Silent Guitar

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop