The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-26-2020, 11:14 PM

My pedal board is tuner, noise reducer, compressor/sustainer, graphic equalizer, and vintage delay. I will be adding tremolo next week. All are Behringer pedals, which are nearly identical to models from other manufacturers at much lower cost. Models are TU300, NR300, CS400, EQ700, and VD400, with UT300 being added. My Bugera V22 Infinium amp has reverb, thus no reverb pedal.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 11-27-2020, 02:58 AM

My Pedaltrain Novo 24 board covers most bases and my ToneMaster Deluxe Reverb has both reverb and tremolo on board. In order:

- Boss wireless receiver in pedal format - I play strictly wireless
- Keeley compressor+
- Rams head big muff pi (violet)
- Joyo multifunction volume/wah (several wah profiles and adjustable Q setting)
- MXR 234 chorus
- MXR phase 95
- Electroharmonix C9 Organ Machine
- Danelectro billionaire big spender Leslie pedal
- MXR 6 band eq
- T-Rex Ducktail delay
- Digitech Trio+ Band Creator
- Digitech Jamman Solo looper

I sometimes use a TC electronics BAM 200 head and Toob 6.5" speaker for jazz gigs (highly portable configuration), and plan to buy a Fender TreVerb specifically for that situation. I may add a Wampler Tumnus (Klon clone) in this configuration for rock situations.

Last edited by Ray175; 11-28-2020 at 02:12 AM.
Old 11-27-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roylor4 View Post
I have not put together my ideal board yet. When I do it must have:

Soul Food OD
Tremolo
Reverb
Chorus
That will make a great setup. The Soul Food is my favorite pedal and it's "always on". Gives me a little more hair on my gain tone and I find it's better than just turning the gain up on the amp.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:45 PM

My minimal/bedroom board has:

Keeley Darkside for a really flexible and awesome Fuzz, unique delay options, and all the modulations!

A great treble booster. I use a BBE Freqboost

JHS milkman for straight slapback and most importantly a hugely powerful transparent boost

JHS TwinTwelve for dirt.

JHS Crayon for "direct to console" dirt. Think the Beatles Revolution.

Keeley Super Phat Mod (the actual Keeley pedal, not the modded Boss BD-2)

A simple two knob compressor. I use the same Dyna Comp I've had forever. I'm hugely impressed with what the fancy compressors can do, but don't need one.

If I were adding one pedal to it, it would be an Octave fuzz (Voodoo Labs Proctavia).

If I were adding two, it would a Boss GE-7.

Big Board would have, actually does have, all manner of oddball things folks don't tend to covet. Things like Boss FZ-5, BBE Mindbender (chorus and vibe), verb (old big box Holy Grail), Boss SD-1, MXR Classic Distortion (reboxed Distortion III), BBE AM64 (BBE Crusher without the Eq function), BBE Free Fuzz (silicone Fuzz Face with a twist).

My super minimalist setup is guitar into my new Keeley Verb o' Trem into my Mesa TA-15

I love them all, but where I used to play is now my Wife's "Work from Home Office". And my 3' by 2.5' wooden Holey Board is a bit of a beast in the bedroom!
Old 11-27-2020, 06:16 PM
Charter Member

Line 6 Helix effects. It does it all, in more ways than I have figured out so far.
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 11-28-2020, 08:21 AM
Charter Member

Dru probably already knows this of me and I don't know if it's ideal, but it is my only pedal board and a culmination of two years of research

My Wet/Dry two amp system pedalboard

Pedal train Novo 24 (board) GigRig modular power supply system -- GigRig QuarterMaster 8 Loop switching unit (QM8) -- GigRig ABYBABY ABY switcher --

Pedals, signal flow, and wet/dry config.

Guitar > Boss TU 2 tuner > QM8 (In)

Dry Amp section .... gets only the Dry pedals
Loop #1 Keeley Compressor Plus....................comp
Loop #2 Xotic Soul Driven A H .......................drive /gain
Loop #3 Karma MT10....................................drive/eq

Loop #4 ABY-Baby....ABY switch (A side splits and goes (Out) to Dry Amp and thru to B side ,,, B side goes to Loop #4 (Retun) to feed Wet Amp section

Wet Amp section .... Gets both the Dry pedals and these additional Wet pedals
Loop #5 MRX Carbon Copy............................delay
Loop #6 Electro-Harmonix Ocean 11..............reverb
Loop #7 Electro-Harmonix Neo Clone............chorus
Loop # 8 Singular Sound Aeros Loop Studio....looper

QM 8 (Out) goes to Wet amp..

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 11-28-2020 at 07:14 PM.
Old 11-28-2020, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phcorrigan View Post
My pedal board is tuner, noise reducer, compressor/sustainer, graphic equalizer, and vintage delay. I will be adding tremolo next week. All are Behringer pedals, which are nearly identical to models from other manufacturers at much lower cost. Models are TU300, NR300, CS400, EQ700, and VD400, with UT300 being added. My Bugera V22 Infinium amp has reverb, thus no reverb pedal.
Here's my pedal board. The board is from Monoprice ($49.99 on sale, including bag). The ToneDexter is for my acoustics, while the others are for my Gretsch electric.

The signal path is: tuner, compressor sustainer, noise reducer (the compressor sustainer is in the effects loop of the noise reducer), graphic equalizer, ultra tremolo, and vintage delay.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 11-28-2020, 04:32 PM

Default Finally have my ideal pedal board

Over the past few years my pedal board has gradually shrunk to its current ideal configuration. Once it was about 3ft x 2ft with a wide assortment of pedals. Every time I removed one I liked my tone a little better. I'm now down to a 12in x 8in board with a PolyTune tuner and an MXR Micro Amp boost. The Micro Amp (which has only one knob + the switch) is usually off; I just use it occasionally for some clean boost or a little dirt. Now I actually hear what my guitar & amp sound like, and I love it!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:14 PM

Hey Kev - it's a great board. I do recall asking you about the QM8 switching unit. I want one . I too have a TU-2 and it's a fantastic pedal. Not only for tuning but I use it as a mute switch as well. I used to also use it to power my other pedals but I don't need to use that feature anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
Dru probably already knows this of me and I don't know if it's ideal, but it is my only pedal board and a culmination of two years of research

Pedal train Novo 24 (board) GigRig modular power supply system -- GigRig QuarterMaster 8 Loop switching unit (QM8) -- GigRig ABYBABY ABY switcher --

Loop #4 ABY-Baby....ABY switch (A side splits and goes (Out) to Dry Amp and thru to B side ,,, B side goes to Loop #4 (Retun) to feed Wet Amp section

Old 11-28-2020, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs264 View Post
Over the past few years my pedal board has gradually shrunk to its current ideal configuration. Once it was about 3ft x 2ft with a wide assortment of pedals. Every time I removed one I liked my tone a little better. I'm now down to a 12in x 8in board with a PolyTune tuner and an MXR Micro Amp boost. The Micro Amp (which has only one knob + the switch) is usually off; I just use it occasionally for some clean boost or a little dirt. Now I actually hear what my guitar & amp sound like, and I love it!
My small board is a skateboard (it was a brand new board, never drilled for trucks) that I got from a thrift store. Holes are drilled and the pedals are held down by zip ties.
Old 11-28-2020, 09:00 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Hey Kev - it's a great board. I do recall asking you about the QM8 switching unit. I want one . I too have a TU-2 and it's a fantastic pedal. Not only for tuning but I use it as a mute switch as well. I used to also use it to power my other pedals but I don't need to use that feature anymore.
yes I am really liking only having to hit the 8 switches on the QM8 along the bottom of the board , to switch individual pedals or any combination of pedals in and out.... And a bonus is they are optical switches not the typical mechanical click/click. I did have to get used to the light touch of the optical switches but now I love it .
The only pedal I have to reach for is the Aeros Looper to control it's various switches
The Supro is direct for the Supro's onboard reverb and tremolo but I just leave it with a bit a reverb and really don't use the tremolo much

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 11-29-2020 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2020, 03:57 PM

Just a Pod Go for me. I keep thinking about upgrading to the Helix, but I can't figure out what it will do that I can't do today that I would actually use. Plus, the Pod Go is mighty portable.
Old 12-01-2020, 09:08 PM

My board is minimal, but it’s all I need.

Ernie Ball VP Jr volume pedal + Boss Waza Craft chromatic tuner + Bad Monkey tube screamer + Boss CS-3 compression + Emmie T-Rex delay/boost. Base is homemade out of plywood with pedals Velcro’d.

I also have a beat buddy drum pedal that I run through a separate amp, and a ditto+ looper on the way as soon as Sweetwater gets them in stock.

Larivee OM-40
Guild D-125 12 NAT
Yamaha CSF3M TBS
USA Stratocaster
Gibson les Paul Junior
Custom built Thinline Tele
Old 12-02-2020, 12:10 AM

Depends on the band I'm in. Alt rock vs. metal would be two entirely different boards.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post

What does wet and dry mean? I always thought of it as two things, wet = reverb deley chorus type pedals or that wet/dry blend is the blend that goes into the amp regardless of what pedals they are. Like for example set all the way over to dry is just your guitar tone but then as you move over to wet you start to let your pedal board through. But you seem to be using the terms differently?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars