The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-30-2016, 04:19 AM

Thank LesRose for the wonderful words
I love your line "crawled inside and turned my fingers loose" I often sit in my office and spend time listening deeply to the guitar imagining Im standing inside the body with the sound reverberating around me like a concert hall.
The sound is in there its getting it out that can be the challenge.
Reading this thread I can imagine how great an occasion it would be if each of you were all together in a room. We could have a great Session.
Come on guys Ireland is only a short hop across the Kekailipoho‘ohuināmoku
Alistair
Old 04-30-2016, 09:21 AM
Guest 928

Ah yes, a gathering, a social, a libation (or two) and lots of music. This is what Michael set up for the 2 CarbonFests held several years ago; one at Mystic Springs and the other at Park City. CF aficionados from around the U.S. (and one from Spain) showed up and played, played, played.

A CF meet in Ireland would be sweet. Will Emerald be sponsoring the flights? Let me know if and when....
Old 05-02-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alistair Hay View Post
Reading this thread I can imagine how great an occasion it would be if each of you were all together in a room. We could have a great Session.
Come on guys Ireland is only a short hop across the Kekailipoho‘ohuināmoku
Alistair
That would be a dream journey! I would dearly love to visit Ireland someday, and it wouldn't be complete without a visit to St. Johnston.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:45 AM

Ah yes, a trip to Ireland would be awesome!

Meanwhile, will make do with my new emerald green Celtic design strap. Had to.... itʻs even made in UK
http://smile.amazon.com/Green-Celtic...ilpage_o00_s00
Old 12-04-2019, 10:47 AM

Default Emerald Eyes X20-12

Yesterday I received an essentially unplayed mint condition 2019 Emerald X20-12 Artisan Black that I purchased from the original owner. This is my second Emerald guitar. (I purchased a new X7 QM-G from Emerald earlier this year.) This X20-12 sounds amazing. I've tried several different tunings, and it seems well suited to DADGAD as well as open C with a capo on the 4th fret. So much range. I love this guitar!

Do you happen to know which brand and guage strings Emerald ships on new X20-12 Artisan guitars? Have you tried different brands of strings on your X20-12, and if so which do you think is the best sounding and playing 12-string set?

I also have a Taylor 562ce 12-fret all-mahogany 12-string, but that's a completely different and unique instrument compared to my Emerald X20-12. I use Elixir PB Lights on the Taylor.

Enjoy the day!

Kevin
Old 12-04-2019, 07:07 PM

Nice buy!! I haven't played one yet...sigh...
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-04-2019, 07:42 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skateborg23 View Post
Yesterday I received an essentially unplayed mint condition 2019 Emerald X20-12 Artisan Black that I purchased from the original owner. This is my second Emerald guitar. (I purchased a new X7 QM-G from Emerald earlier this year.) This X20-12 sounds amazing. I've tried several different tunings, and it seems well suited to DADGAD as well as open C with a capo on the 4th fret. So much range. I love this guitar!

Enjoy the day!

Kevin
Kevin: Glad you're enjoying it. Wasn't there a card in the case compartment that gave the brand and model of strings???
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber