The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-23-2020, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
Thanks guys! I'm liking the Hercules, but don't know if it would be better to have the butt of the guitar sitting on something, rather than hanging from the headstock?

scott
Hi Scott, I've had guitars hanging by the headstock on Hercules wall hangers and stands for years. I wouldn't worry about that when selecting a stand.

Rather than get a single 2 guitar floor stand, why not get 2 floor stands that way you can move one around if you need to? Another +1 for Hercules.
Old 11-23-2020, 10:56 PM

Thanks for all the good feedback!
I ended up getting a 2 guitar stand that guitars rest back to back.
Can’t even remember the name, but shoot these 2 guitars weigh like 7 pounds total, so Hercules might be overkill, no. [emoji38]

I didn’t go with singles because of space. Plus I already have one single stand, so I can use that if I want some mobility.
Happy early thanksgiving!
Scott
Old 11-24-2020, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slothead56 View Post
I had a 2 guitar Herc stand that I bought to use at gigs....(way back when there used to be gigs. Like January.)

I gave it to my son. I found it somewhat limiting in a small space. The inherent compactness of it made it a bit difficult to position efficiently in a small venue. I’m back to using two stands which provides flexibility.

At home I have three wall hangers over the sofa in my office. That’s the way to go in a home environment IMHO.
I use two single-guitar Hercules stands when I'm playing at home, even on Zoom open mics, because I can put them on both sides of me for easy access. I also have a K&M stand that I use if I need three guitars. I like it because it folds very compactly, but isn't nitro-safe, so I don't leave a guitar on it.

2012 Martin HD-28V
1984 Martin Shenandoah D-2832
2018 Gretsch G5420TG
Oscar Schmidt Autoharp, unknown vintage
ToneDexter
Bugera V22 Infinium
Old 11-24-2020, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairpuller View Post
Super cool, Rudy! Want to sell it?

scott
Not enough time in my life to do extra-curricular stuff! I encourage folks to make their own stuff, though!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion