The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-03-2022, 11:50 PM

Default Daedalus/Pendulum SPS-1 Users

Oh my, how time passes quickly! I began putting together my live rig around 2004. It blows my mind to think that was what, 18 years ago. I recently played at a neighbors party, set up outdoors, and gosh it sounded nice! I just turned 62, and hoping to have many more good years to enjoy playing through such a nice live setup. I used my Taylor 814C with K&K pwm pickup, along with a Shure SM7b through the Pendulum Preamp, sounded incredible! The sps-1 provides plenty of gain for the SM7b. Using that mic for live sound was a first for me, and I was surprised how well it worked!

So it made me wonder, how many of you Daedalus Pendulum SPS-1 owners are out there still enjoying their rigs?

Rick
Old 10-04-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Shepherd View Post
Oh my, how time passes quickly! I began putting together my live rig around 2004. It blows my mind to think that was what, 18 years ago. I recently played at a neighbors party, set up outdoors, and gosh it sounded nice! I just turned 62, and hoping to have many more good years to enjoy playing through such a nice live setup. I used my Taylor 814C with K&K pwm pickup, along with a Shure SM7b through the Pendulum Preamp, sounded incredible! The sps-1 provides plenty of gain for the SM7b. Using that mic for live sound was a first for me, and I was surprised how well it worked!

So it made me wonder, how many of you Daedalus Pendulum SPS-1 owners are out there still enjoying their rigs?

Rick
Hey there, Rick!

I'm not a Daedalus / Pendulum user, but I have been hearing about them from our good friend AlohaChris for a while, now.

I used to think that LR Baggs Venue DI and Fishman Amps were the top tier about acoustic amplification... how fool was I!?

I am putting together my rig at this moment, and I have a few nice pieces at this moment. It would be probably completed if I was born in USA, because being in Brazil makes everything twice as expensive AND as hard to find. Trust me... it's a nightmare!

Well... I would love to hear more about those kind of dream rig from you, guys!

Thank you for sharing!

Rodrigo.

2005 Martin HD28 with K&K Trinity;
2012 Cordoba C10;
Grace Design Felix 2;
Sennheiser MD441;
DPA 4099 Core;
DPA 4018L;
Bose L1 Compact;
QSC Touchmix 8;
QSC K10.2;
Neumann u87ai;
Neumann KMS105;
Neumann KM184 (matched pair).

http://www.youtube.com/rodrigopandelo
http://www.rodrigopandelo.com
http://www.instagram.com/rodrigopandelo

São Paulo/Brazil
Old 10-04-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAPANDELO View Post
Hey there, Rick!

I'm not a Daedalus / Pendulum user, but I have been hearing about them from our good friend AlohaChris for a while, now.

I used to think that LR Baggs Venue DI and Fishman Amps were the top tier about acoustic amplification... how fool was I!?

I am putting together my rig at this moment, and I have a few nice pieces at this moment. It would be probably completed if I was born in USA, because being in Brazil makes everything twice as expensive AND as hard to find. Trust me... it's a nightmare!

Well... I would love to hear more about those kind of dream rig from you, guys!

Thank you for sharing!

Rodrigo.
Hey there Rodrigo, nice to see you lurking about! Truth be told, I have two sets of Daedalus, the W-803s and the SR-823s. Seems like overkill, but they were more affordable back then. I have used both pairs for live situations. I have to keep in shape if I expect to keep lugging them around, but there are ways around that with a foldable dolly.

I use the larger SR-823s at home to practice through, and the smaller W-803s as mid-field monitors for recording purposes. I also use them for listening to music at home.

Sorry to hear how difficult it is and how expensive gear is there in Brazil, must be frustrating!

Best regards to you!

Rick
Old 10-04-2022, 06:03 PM
Charter Member

I still have my Daedalus/Pendulum rig, in one configuration or another, for over 20 years. I haven't played out with it much in the past few years except for some weddings, private parties and in my back yard. I'm still quite content when I fire it up. I see no reason to use something else.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
I still have my Daedalus/Pendulum rig, in one configuration or another, for over 20 years. I haven't played out with it much in the past few years except for some weddings, private parties and in my back yard. I'm still quite content when I fire it up. I see no reason to use something else.
Sdelsolray, glad to know you are still using your rig on occasion! I sometimes set up on my back patio to play, with speakers facing back in my direction. It also gives me a chance to fiddle around with reverb and EQ settings. Sometimes, I might play some other music through it for my listening pleasure while doing yard work, or just relaxing.

It is fun!

Rick
Old 12-21-2022, 09:36 PM

Default Thank you

Rick I just have to say thank you for writing this.

I recently found a C-81 and purchased it partly because of your feedback.

I just wrote about the journey here.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification