The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-16-2022, 04:28 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anodos View Post
The battery has plenty of juice left. They’re supposed to last an absurd number of hours plugged in based on what LR Baggs tells you anyway, and this one has about 8 hours of plugged in time since new.

Glad to hear that if it comes down to it I could remove the pickup without too much violence to my baby... 😬
Battery. Even though you just bought the battery, It likely could've been packaged for as many as a couple years before being sold.

I know it's a pain to change the battery, if not doing the strings too.

But if I had 8 hours Live on a guitar. I be changing the strings anyway.

And on a guitar with battery in the sound hole. Change it every time you get a chance. Every time strings are off, weather you think it needs it or not.

Make sure you use quality brand battery. My choice is Energizer Max.
Old 09-19-2022, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZYPIKINS View Post
Battery. Even though you just bought the battery, It likely could've been packaged for as many as a couple years before being sold.

I know it's a pain to change the battery, if not doing the strings too.

But if I had 8 hours Live on a guitar. I be changing the strings anyway.

And on a guitar with battery in the sound hole. Change it every time you get a chance. Every time strings are off, weather you think it needs it or not.

Make sure you use quality brand battery. My choice is Energizer Max.
That is not necessary IMO. I gig my anthem equipped guitar 2-3 times a week and the battery lasts around 6 months or more. Why waste all that money changing batteries when you don't need to. I would say CHECK your battery with every string change and change it if it's getting low. If it's still got some juice left, it's not going to go dead anytime soon.
Old 09-29-2022, 08:04 AM

The full Anthem (not SL) has a battery indicator on the control box/preamp.
I would still change the battery as a simple way to trouble-shoot, but battery life shouldn't be a question unless you have the SL.

Drew
Old 09-30-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew b View Post
The full Anthem (not SL) has a battery indicator on the control box/preamp.
I would still change the battery as a simple way to trouble-shoot, but battery life shouldn't be a question unless you have the SL.

Drew
I have the SL and gig 2-3 times a week and the battery lasts an incredibly long time. I check it every few string changes. I've never gotten caught with a dead battery at a gig but if I did it wouldn't be the end of the world. Take a 5 minute break, put some music on and replace it. You put a capo on the first fret to hold the string in place and just loosen the low D,A,E enough to get your hand in there. It's not that hard.
Old 10-01-2022, 03:22 PM

I change my battery on the Anthem when it gets to 3 lights on the indicator. Mine seems to really roll off on output quickly when it decides to after that point. Have had that happen during more than one gig.

I probably get 10-15 three hour gigs out of a battery.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification