The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-09-2022, 07:33 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by imwjl View Post
I hope your recovery continues. Your bike will have some resale or trade value where you might appreciate the exploded market for adventure and gravel bikes. They do light trails, are fast on pavement, and offer lots of fit options friendly for age and injuries.

For anyone on the edge or on the couch, modern bike fit, comfort and capabilities are amazing. Go try them!
Thanks for kind words. I should clarify...I was not on this bike when I had my accident. I was on my Ebike (since sold) on the road trying to avoid getting hit by a car. I hit the edge of a newly paved sidewalk that had a big dip where grass should have been. I went airborne as my front tire instantly turned 45 degrees on me. Landed on the new sidewalk in a heap. Luckily, I did not hit my head.

I really like this bike and plan on keeping it. I can get my leg over the lower top tube and the bike is fairly light for a MTB. I just don't ride single track anymore with it.
Old 10-09-2022, 09:21 PM

This is the bike I ride the most, an about 10-year-old REI Safari model The handlebars have a roughly figure 8 shape looked at from above. Mods/changes? I've added a different rear rack than it came with, a matching Topeak slide in/out trunk bag, fenders, a top bar wrap to protect the thin paint from a lot of urban pole lock ups, and just this year a new Brooks saddle.

Comfy, can easily slap on Ortlieb paniers to carry stuff.

I was going to post a picture of my winter bike, but I just realized I don't have a current picture of it.

Guitars: 20th Century Seagull S6-12, S6 Folk, Seagull M6; '00 Guild JF30-12, '01 Martin 00-15, '16 Martin 000-17, '07 Parkwood PW510, Epiphone Biscuit resonator, Merlin Dulcimer, and various electric guitars, basses....

Last edited by FrankHudson; 10-10-2022 at 09:38 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic