The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-05-2018, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
Me...I was just minding my own CF business..... as usual. It's just so easy to blame others I see.
Of course I kid, Kramster. I really appreciate the opportunity to test drive yours, as it cemented my desire for an X30.
Folks, it is really expensive to visit with the K-man. Two visits with him have cost me an X7 woody and an X30.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Two visits with him have cost me an X7 woody and an X30.
Glad I could help...sometimes I don't come just for that reason...well maybe not
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-05-2018, 07:35 PM
Charter Member

Congrats, Earl!! Very cool. And, the red... oh, I am really liking the red!
Old 12-05-2018, 07:55 PM

Thanks, Jim. I did seriously ponder the green to match my other guitars. And green for an Emerald - that just fits, right? There is amber on the back of Alice's X7 woody, so we knew what that looks like.

The thing that swayed me in the end was re-watching Byudzai's excellent video review once again, and hearing how much he liked the red body on his custom woody X30. It looks maroon under most lighting in that video, and that's OK too. So now I will have port and starboard guitars - and a starboard twelve string too. Maybe the bigger red X30 can offset the double starboard influence and keep me on course.....
Old 12-05-2018, 08:32 PM

No Chimaera,so I'm safe.

That X20-12 looks stunning though.
Rainsong SFTA-FLE; WS3000; CH-PA
Taylor GA3-12, Guild F-212

https://markhorning.bandcamp.com/music
Old 12-05-2018, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl49 View Post
Of course I kid, Kramster. I really appreciate the opportunity to test drive yours, as it cemented my desire for an X30.
Folks, it is really expensive to visit with the K-man. Two visits with him have cost me an X7 woody and an X30.
If I think about the spine-twisting angst that plagued me every time I looked at kramster's posts on that X30, and then think about the joy of having one myself, I'm..... super with you on this sentiment!
Old 12-05-2018, 10:52 PM

Didn't know any one even looked at my posts let alone twist and shout ...or that angst thing
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 12-06-2018, 06:38 AM
Charter Member

I can see an X30 in my future.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)
Old 12-06-2018, 07:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
So Cecil, what are you waiting for? Rust never sleeps, don't be denied. This is sort of like the chance of a lifetime. You've been a central figure in Alistair's development of nylon string guitars, don't stop now.
Evan, no more new guitars for me until I do some things for the house for my wonderful bride of 32 years. But I will add the koa X30 baritone nylon string to my Emerald dream list, which already includes a nylon six string Amicus and a thin body electric nylon string X 10. The thin body Electric nylon string X 10 might possibly end up having the same body that Alastair made for you, ( can't wait to see it, by the way!) except for the neck dimensions. ( you and I have radically different preferences in neck and fret board design.) The Cocobolo X 10 that I received this year was originally going to be a thin body, then Alastair suggested an arch top. Finally, we ended up with the new X 10 body and a custom designed 640 mm scale length thin neck with a flat fret board featuring a nut width and string separation only slightly different from a normal classical guitar.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikealpine View Post
I can see an X30 in my future.
I recognize that kind of language - I may have used it before. How close does it look? Does it perchance have a Koa veneer?
Old 12-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Guest 928

Cecil;

Yes, I know how a young bride can turn a man's attention from his guitars. I've been addicted to mine for 53 years and I just can't seem to get away--though I do sometimes introduce her as my first wife (she doesn't think that's nearly as funny as I do).

Anyway, despite our honey dos, between us we've been keeping Alistair pretty busy developing and refining various renditions of the nylon string guitar. I find it pretty exciting.
Old 12-08-2018, 07:48 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhelan56 View Post
I see that there is still an X30 with Laurro Pretto veneer available.........nice looking guitar!!

https://emeraldguitars.com/product/x...v=7516fd43adaa
It’s out of stock now .
Old 12-11-2018, 01:55 PM

In the video over in the "22 guitars shipped" thread, Alistair mentioned that four of the December Select Series sold within the first few hours. You snooze, you lose.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber