The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2002, 02:53 PM
More guitars than talent

Thanks for the re-post. I do remember reading it the first time thru. We do know our audience. Actually, 95% did enjoy the blended service, it's just the others that made a lot of noise. One member even chewed out our music leader at the soundboard DURING the traditional service the week after our first attempt. Our leader was stunned. The member threatened to quit if we did it one more time. Our leader afterwards wished he would of said, "do you want me to help you out the door?" That would have been wrong, but we have had so many positive comments that we have not given up. It will be a very slow transition. The Pastor is really pushing this and feels that if the reason why there are roadblocks is that satan is trying to stop us. He feels that yes we may loose some, but he also feels we will gain many. In a 3 mile radius, we have 60% that are unchurched. There is a great mission out there.

Thanks for the prayers, we are still going strong.

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 10-01-2002, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by beatlenut
....It will be a very slow transition. The Pastor is really pushing this and feels that if the reason why there are roadblocks is that satan is trying to stop us. He feels that yes we may loose some, but he also feels we will gain many. In a 3 mile radius, we have 60% that are unchurched. There is a great mission out there.
You're still in my prayers, too. A slow transition has worked best here. Satan DOES try roadblocks of every kind.

The hardest part for me is similar to what your Pastor was saying about losing some to gain many. I understand that. My Pastor's doctorate is in church growth, and I've done a good deal of reading on that subject. But I still have an internal conflict in making that match with Jesus' parables of the Lost Sheep, the Lost Coin, etc.

The person in the pew is just as valuable to God as the unchurched friend across the street, and visa versa. Why do we have to lose one for the other? How can I justify that in light of scripture? My struggle is to reach and minister to both, and many more. If I'm not careful, I give in too easy and just tell myself it can't be done.

Some days I see more progress than others, but generally I know we are headed in the right direction in our musical worship.

cotten
Old 10-02-2002, 06:44 AM

Cool

our church is also traditional, and GOd didn't start to bless guitars there until very recent years (I'm joking)... I met with our Music minister yesterday.. he asked me to help him come up with some guitar type music that would more or less blend the traditional services with something new.... I've been blessed to be allowed to participate in doing that.
Old 10-06-2002, 10:17 PM

A newbie here!

I'm in a Christian P&W band. We lead worship at a place called the Pointe in Rock Hill SC. I play a Taylor 710CE LTD, I also have a Heritage, and a Takamine. I agree its not who is praising but WHO WE ARE PRAISING. We do alot of Passion, Hillsong, Delirious, type/style music.
Old 10-07-2002, 12:40 AM

Welcome Tim! Looking forward to your contributions here.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:53 AM

Welcome aboard TimmyPack...

There are plenty of worship leaders here to e-fellowship with.

Blessings,
Old 10-07-2002, 01:36 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I hope to learn, and maybe just maybe even teach you guys a few things.
Old 10-09-2002, 07:28 PM

Default greetings

how's it going all,
Been a while since i've posted on the board lol... school's keeping me busy. Hey MikeG, i lost your e-mail when i formatted my computer, send me a quick e-mail at [email protected]. Our fellowship is having a fall festival mike and a guy named Jeff Breeds is coming in. He's from a Calvary Christian in Rochester, dunno which one or if there is more then one. Just wondering if you knew him Mike. Hope all is well with everyone.
God Bless,
Sam
Old 10-09-2002, 08:28 PM

Sam:

Do I know Geoff Brede??? He's my Pastor.

You have mail brother.

Blessings to all...
Old 10-25-2002, 10:18 PM

Post Pointer to Worship Ministry Handbook

Reading over this thread I noticed a number of comments on team dynamics and so I thought I'd provide this link to a Worship Ministry Handbook developed by a past worship pastor of mine. I thought some might find it useful.

http://www.sonic.net/~vineyard/worship.html

Personally, I've been involved in worship teams for over 15 years. I started as a sound tech (and I'm still responsible for the church sound system although I seldom run it these days). I spent time as a home-group worship leader and many years now as a guitar player doing electric, acoustic, rhythm, lead, whatever is needed. Sometimes the team has been big, sometime small. Right now it's me on my Taylor 510ce, drums, sometimes a keyboard, and a couple vocalists (one of which is the worship leader). It feels a lot different when you don't have any other instruments to hide behind...

Every person is a part of the body of Christ and has a role (pastors, teachers, etc). Me, I'm whatever part lives to worship the Creator.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:13 PM

bkc56:

Great link...thanks.

Blessings,
Old 10-27-2002, 09:28 PM

Please pray for our band this week. We have 3 gigs this week and a overnighter next weekend. Please pray that God will have his hand on us and that he will start preparing ours hearts and the hearts of those we will minister to.
Thanks
In Him
Tim
Old 10-27-2002, 11:46 PM

You got it Tim...

Blessings,
Mike
Old 10-28-2002, 07:14 AM
More guitars than talent

Unhappy Prayers needed

One of our singers on our Worship team suffered a massive heart attack on saturday. She is 58 and was an inspiration to all. Good (tenor!) singer and the most fun member in the band. We found out yesterday that she is brain dead. We are devasted. Please keep her family and our band and church in your prayers. It happened at her work on saturday. Somewhat of a blessing since she works at a hospital, but that didn't save her. The rest of the band was on a 4 1/2 hour road trip visiting a Church in Granger, Indiana to experience their worship and facilities. We had our kids with and heard the news about the time we arrived. It was probably a blessing also that she had to work and this did not occur on the road with us (and the little kids).

01 Taylor 814ce, 05 Taylor T5 Maple, 78 Ovation 10th Anniversary, Larrivee L03-12RE

98 American strat, 06 Gibson LP Supreme, 05 Gadow Custom Single, 05 Gadow Custom Hollow, 04 Agile Goldtop, 05 Variax 600, 03 Splatter Strat, 04 Homebuilt Tele, Dillion John Lennon model, Gibson Flying V, Agile Valkyrie SG
Old 10-28-2002, 08:07 AM

gonna pray for family now!
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification