The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-25-2002, 01:24 PM

Default Ok, Another effects pedal question

This may sound like heresy, but suppose I wanted to play my Taylor and have it sound like an electric guitar on occasion? Rather than switch guitars in the middle of the set, but just for one upbeat song. Nothing to gritty, but more of an electric guitar sound.

Someone has suggested a DOD preamp/overdrive pedal.

Any other suggestions?
Old 10-25-2002, 01:58 PM

I sometimes throw a Boss SD-1 (Super Overdrive) pedal into my signal, and it gives just a bit of grit based on how much of the "Drive" I dial in. The pedal's about $30-$40 used, so it's a pretty cheap trick to try.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:22 PM
Me

Look into a Zoom Pedal. I think the 505, or 606 word work. I have a 606 and it is a lot of fun. YOu can make it sound like just about anything. Vhttp://www.zoom.co.jp/english/englishie_index.htmlery adjustable and it has a nice built in tuner.
Old 10-25-2002, 02:25 PM

i use a mag pu in one guitar....and it can be pretty electric, hollow-body, jazzy sounding..

my wah, a snarling dogs whino, when on with the pedal down makes the 714ce w/blender sound electric....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification