The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-23-2002, 09:38 AM

Default MARSHALL

For those of you who sometimes like to plug in and play electric, I've got two words for you: Marshall Bluesbreaker.

I got my 1962 Bluesbreaker about ten days ago, and it's awesome. It's the best sounding amp I've ever owned, and probably in the top three best I've ever heard.

I waited almost four months to get it, but it was worth every minute.

If you're shopping for a new, serious amplifier, check one out (if you can find one)...

Steve
Old 10-24-2002, 11:29 AM

I'm looking for a electric guitar amp. How much do these run?
Old 10-24-2002, 01:43 PM

nnvan,

I dont know how much that marshall costs, but given you play blues and blues rock and stuff along those lines... you should give the Fender Hot Rod DeVille a look. I've got a 2X12 and it's AMAZING. Awesome amp. Super clean and extremely powerful
1971 Martin D-18s
2002 Martin D-18ge
1996 Martin HD-28 [pending]
1993 Taylor 810 [pending]
2002 Taylor 614CE
1998 Fender American Standard Strat
1959 Gibson ES-335 Historic Reissue
Old 10-24-2002, 02:13 PM

I hope you have better luck with your Bluesbreaker than my friend had with his. He had tube problems right away! And lots of strange noise come from the thing. It was brand new.I guess the tube suppliers just ain't what they used to be. I really like my Mesa Boogie Maverick, Dual Rectifier, it's like 5 years old and hasn't missed a beat, simplicity and quality workmanship. If you've noticed Mesa is starting to go back to the simpler amps, aside from the RoadKing.
Old 10-24-2002, 03:32 PM
Charter Member

What about that Fender that has all the settings...but its not really a modeling amp since it re-routes sound through tubes etc...CyberTwin was it? Im horrid with electric stuff but I read an article on it and it seemed VERY intriguing...

1100 bucks, though...

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 10-24-2002, 04:00 PM

The Fender Cybertwin is pretty cool. I tried them the first year they came out at NAMM, also pretty complicated,\. Lots of moving parts. All the knobs start moving when you use a different patch. I'm not sure if they use some kind of servo motors or what. I bought my son a Fender Hot Rod Deville, 2 X12. The guy I bought it from had just purchased the Cybertwin, that was a year ago. The Cybertwin uses some tube tecnology, but mostly solid state stuff. I still like tubes the best for that TONE.
Old 10-24-2002, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by d28mikeip
nnvan,

I dont know how much that marshall costs, but given you play blues and blues rock and stuff along those lines... you should give the Fender Hot Rod DeVille a look. I've got a 2X12 and it's AMAZING. Awesome amp. Super clean and extremely powerful
Hmm... wish I could afford one of these. Know where I can get one used?
Old 10-24-2002, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by d28mikeip
nnvan, I dont know how much that marshall costs, but given you play blues and blues rock and stuff along those lines... you should give the Fender Hot Rod DeVille a look. I've got a 2X12 and it's AMAZING. Awesome amp. Super clean and extremely powerful
List price on the Bluesbreaker is about $1,600.00; I think they sell for about $1,100.00.

I'll agree about the Hot Rod Series. I've got a Hot Rod Deluxe (40 watts 1X12), and it screams. It has that famous Fender distortion though (just a note of sarcasm there) that I've never cared for, but that's what stomp boxes are for...

Steve
Old 10-24-2002, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ednotes02
I hope you have better luck with your Bluesbreaker than my friend had with his. He had tube problems right away! And lots of strange noise come from the thing. It was brand new.I guess the tube suppliers just ain't what they used to be. I really like my Mesa Boogie Maverick, Dual Rectifier, it's like 5 years old and hasn't missed a beat, simplicity and quality workmanship. If you've noticed Mesa is starting to go back to the simpler amps, aside from the RoadKing.
When I first plugged it in, and did hear some odd pops here and there, and they got me a bit concerned. I used the amp this past Monday, though, putting it through its' paces for a good three hours, and all was well. Either way, the tubes won't last; I may look at dumping some Mullards in there.

As for Boogie, they go "simple" every so often. The down-side to that is that the amps are all hand built, and the folks at Boogie only work foour days a week. The higher end Boogies are hard to come by...

Steve
Old 10-24-2002, 11:25 PM

Default For nnvan

nnvan,

I gotta Fender DeVille 212 that I am looking to sell....
it's in good shape, new power tubes, with footswitch and the
footswitch cable. it's also got new power tubes with
NO use on them at all, literally zero minutes, and an amp cover.
never gigged with it, but it's a gig-worthy amp.
I always just played it at church and youth group and stuff.
Great amp, sounds AWESOME over driven.
I am selling it because I gotta another amp that's more
suited for my size. I don't play in big venues so I needed
something smaller. and I am moving soon, and need the money.
I got pix up the wazoo, so email me at
[email protected]
if you're interested.
I am asking $475 slightly flexible.
my new amp is a Boogie and dang I love that thing.
(THANKS MHARRIS105!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Boogie are awesome....but they're spendy too.
anyhoo.
the fenders a good rig.

anj

514ce,
814c Custom Shop,
'75 Les Paul Deluxe

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification