The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-28-2020, 02:42 PM

I play more steel than nylon. I think this is a big factor in why I prefer the thinner carbon trebles. I use Savarez Alliance in normal tension but haven't tried many other carbon sets. High tension strings are louder on my guitar, but the tone I produce with them is a little harsher and more out of control. I use the normal tension because I feel like can get more sweetness out of them.
Larrivee: CS09 Matt Thomas Limited
Taylor: 314ce, 356e, Baritone 8
Timberline: T60HGc
Old 01-12-2021, 06:01 PM

My Trebles are Dougal Diamente and Basses are Savarez Cantiga. Both are Normal Tension. A few years ago I read as much as I could about strings for my Cordoba c-10 (cedar & spruce) and decided on these strings. I am still happy.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapido Eduwardo View Post
My Trebles are Dougal Diamente and Basses are Savarez Cantiga. Both are Normal Tension. A few years ago I read as much as I could about strings for my Cordoba c-10 (cedar & spruce) and decided on these strings. I am still happy.

I just ordered some Dogal trebles, and so far Cantiga basses have been my favourite but can’t seem to find the bass sets only anywhere and it’s expensive to be buying full sets of Savarez.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig
Old 01-13-2021, 06:27 AM
Charter Member

Hi Peter,
I get my strings from StringbyMail. They are a really good and reliable outfit, very competitive and super helpful.
They offer all the Savarez bass sets, incl.the Cantigas in normal and high tension.
They also ship to the UK, and have information on their site about international shipping under the present conditions.
I would check them out.
Stringsbymail Savarez bass sets

Golf is pretty simple. It's just not that easy.
- Paul Azinger

"It ain’t what you don’t know that gets you into trouble. It’s what you know for sure that just ain’t so."
– Mark Twain

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gitfiddlemann
Old 01-13-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreF View Post
Hi Peter,
I get my strings from StringbyMail. They are a really good and reliable outfit, very competitive and super helpful.
They offer all the Savarez bass sets, incl.the Cantigas in normal and high tension.
They also ship to the UK, and have information on their site about international shipping under the present conditions.
I would check them out.
Stringsbymail Savarez bass sets
Thanks Andre - they certainly have a great selection, and shipping is reasonable so may have to give them a go.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8A...2TVEhWes2Djrig

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical