The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-13-2016, 12:32 AM

I have in hand for 2 years a pair of Trance Audio Acoustic Lens, wiring them with sunrise mag, go into dual PU pendulum SPS1, it is the sound that I will never stop exploring, lots of possibilities, no harshness, no bass boom whats so ever. I used to have KK pwm in the same configuration, simply cant dial out the boom so i decide to let it go, not saying that KK is terrible PU, on the contrary they are fantastic,they work great with its own preamp and simply dont fit my preamp that much, cannot figure out why but got to be something with impedance matching.

Now I have one good old FRAP(used) on the way that I will test out, wondering how the Old FRAP and TRANCE differ. Bottom line, the major difference about FRAP style PU and Modern ones such as KK is the piezo material they use, I assume that they have different tonal characteristics will fit only with certain preamps. So, take the time and test them out if possible, Also it is almost equally critical with the placement of the piezo plate, test it out before gluing them permanently

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification