The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 05-24-2018, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
So acoustic guitars go better with hockey than hoops?

Anyway, Celts recover from a 2 game curb stomping in Cleveland to win at home and go up 3-2. Meanwhile Rockets/Warriors tied 2-2. Has Le Bron seen his last finals appearance
? Can the Rockets really beat GS?

Is it Friday yet!?!?!?
I think you nailed it! Getting more exciting for sure.
Old 05-26-2018, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Cavs are in a heap of trouble. I love it.
Not so much...I assume you're a GS fan.
They still have LBJ who is the greatest to ever play the game, period. Despite all the nay-Sayers, there is a game 7 in Boston. Basically you got Le Bron against the entire Celtics team and they still can't stop him. If the Celts win the East they will get smoked whether they play Houston or GS.
It was fun to watch the Cavs win the championship in 2016, being down 1-3 and coming back.

Martin D18
Gibson J45
Gibson J15
Fender Copperburst Telecaster
Squier CV 50 Stratocaster
Squier CV 50 Telecaster
Old 05-26-2018, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
They still have LBJ who is the greatest to ever play the game, period. Despite all the nay-Sayers, there is a game 7 in Boston. Basically you got Le Bron against the entire Celtics team and they still can't stop him. If the Celts win the East they will get smoked whether they play Houston or GS.
It was fun to watch the Cavs win the championship in 2016, being down 1-3 and coming back.
The Celts two best players, outside of Horford, is a 21 year old second year player and a 20 year old rookie.

If you would have taken a poll at the start of the year and asked if the Celts would even have a shot at making it to the NBA finals losing Hayward for the entire year and Kyrie for a chunk of the season and the entire playoffs, I think 99.9% of people polled would say they would have no shot. I think most would say they have a good chance of not even making the playoffs.

It's pretty amazing. Who cares if they lose in the Finals if they win tomorrow.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 05-26-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rokdog49 View Post
They still have LBJ who is the greatest to ever play the game, period. )
Nooooooooo waaaaasaaay! He spent half his career/big games letting others take the big shots. Greatest players of all time don't do that. He's left big games because of cramping. GOATs don't do that. He's 2x the size of half the guys guarding him and he flops like he's stepped in a bear trap and stung by 1000 bees. GOATs don't do that. He's given up when his team did not appear to have a chance to win big games. GOATs don't do that. Period. (Despite what was once the world wide leader in sports, ESPN tries to shove down our throats).

I've got Celtics winning game 7, showing Bron what a team looks like. Rockets in 7 as long as Paul is at 80%.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:01 AM

Not many LeBron naysayers this morning, eh ... His 8th straight NBA finals. Speaks for itself.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:29 AM

Talking

“NBA playoffs anyone?” asked the OP.

Well, since you asked. No, not me, thanks. Every few days I drive by the childhood home of James Naismith, the inventor of basketball. Very pretty and quaint stone house located near Almonte Ontario and I wonder every time how or why he came up with such a painfully boring game. What a waste of very tall people!
Old 05-28-2018, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
Not many LeBron naysayers this morning, eh ... His 8th straight NBA finals. Speaks for itself.
Celtics naysayer here. They played awful!!!!!!! Could not buy a basket. They beat themselves. Pretty impressive though that the King had more turnovers than the entire Celtics team.
Old 05-28-2018, 06:43 AM

Rockets will beat the champs
Old 05-28-2018, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier View Post
“NBA playoffs anyone?” asked the OP.

Well, since you asked. No, not me, thanks. Every few days I drive by the childhood home of James Naismith, the inventor of basketball. Very pretty and quaint stone house located near Almonte Ontario and I wonder every time how or why he came up with such a painfully boring game. What a waste of very tall people!
Exactly! Let's go Red Sox.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger View Post
I'm not a LeBron fan but I believe he's the best player in the league. He was a beast this series and carried the team.

Regardless of what Cleveland does in the Finals LeBron did bring the Cavaliers a Championship so his return to Cleveland was a success.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:51 PM

Whew! Warriors pull it out on the road. Couldn’t complain if they lost but stoked to see ‘em get another shot at a title!
Old 05-29-2018, 06:38 AM

Wouldn't it be reasonable to think after missing say 15 3-point attempts in a row to try maybe some 2 pointers? But to put up 27 straight misses, well that had a lot to say in the Rockets second straight second half melt-down to give a very vulnerable Warriors team another trip to the finals.

Does James have enough left in the tank to lead the Cavs to a title?
If Iguodala can play in the finals, i'd give the edge to the Warriors. JMO
Tom
E20 OM-SB Eastman
Old 05-29-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagebrush Tom View Post
Wouldn't it be reasonable to think after missing say 15 3-point attempts in a row to try maybe some 2 pointers? But to put up 27 straight misses, well that had a lot to say in the Rockets second straight second half melt-down to give a very vulnerable Warriors team another trip to the finals.

Does James have enough left in the tank to lead the Cavs to a title?
If Iguodala can play in the finals, i'd give the edge to the Warriors. JMO
Tom
Agree the Warriors are vulnerable, and Iggy will be out for a while. They aren’t playing offense with the same ball movement they have been. LeBron is on fire.

But a much depleted, veg young Celtics team who could not compete on the road, and a very young Pacers team took them to 7 games. They don’t have Kyrie and he’s been huge in the previous series. The Warriors are the defending champs, beat them handily twice this year and 4-1 last year. Too much talent, experience , and depth. I don’t see how the Cavs can beat them.
Old 05-29-2018, 07:38 AM

Trashtalking, dirty play on the court, fans taunting players, etc...are there any gentleman players in the NBA? Oh and the baskets are too low for these guys. The big dunks don't impress me like they used to. The players are getting taller. Hockey too...what's with the giant pads, huge goalies, and nets that never get larger? Couldn't do without hockey though, but basketball, meh. Sorry!
Old 05-29-2018, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pf400 View Post
Trashtalking, dirty play on the court, fans taunting players, etc...are there any gentleman players in the NBA? Oh and the baskets are too low for these guys. The big dunks don't impress me like they used to. The players are getting taller. Hockey too...what's with the giant pads, huge goalies, and nets that never get larger? Couldn't do without hockey though, but basketball, meh. Sorry!
Ah, hockey, well known for it's gentlemanly conduct! Sorry, I spit up my coffee a bit on that one.

I don't really follow hockey, and I think if one looks they'll find I have correspondingly zero posts on that thread. I don't think it's particularly gentlemanly of all the folks posting on this thread about how much they don't like the NBA. One would think it's pretty easy to ignore topics one isn't interested in.

Hopefully the hockey thread is free from the same kind of posts.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic