The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-12-2016, 08:21 AM

Default Selling the Bose?

Thinking of selling my Bose L-1 classic with 1 sub and ending up with two smaller units. Any idea what the Bose is worth?
But the real question is what to replace it with. I want to have two smaller amplifiers (long story, but...) that will be good for acoustic and vocals mostly. Thinking about the Carvin AG 200 and 300 as I could use both together or either as a single unit.
Any clues? I would like to stay within the selling price of the Bose to pay for the new stuff.

Thanks
Old 05-12-2016, 08:30 AM

Check your local Craigslist, guitar center used gear and eBay closed sales. My guide for purchase of used gear in good condition is 50 to 60% of new cost. Dents, dings, scratches and road damage lower offer, while clean and no signs if road wear gets a higher offer.
Taylor 612ce (2001)
Taylor T5-C2 Koa (2007)
Ovation CS28P KOAB - Koa Burst (2017)
Paul Reed Smith 305 - Sunburst (2012)
Paul Reed Smith Custom 22 - Autumn Sky (2013)
Fender Classic Player 60s Strat - Sonic Blue (2012)
Roland Juno DS76 (2020)
Old 05-12-2016, 09:57 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbigfly View Post
Thinking of selling my Bose L-1 classic with 1 sub and ending up with two smaller units. Any idea what the Bose is worth?
But the real question is what to replace it with. I want to have two smaller amplifiers (long story, but...) that will be good for acoustic and vocals mostly. Thinking about the Carvin AG 200 and 300 as I could use both together or either as a single unit.
Any clues? I would like to stay within the selling price of the Bose to pay for the new stuff.

Thanks
I don't know about value of the Bose system, but I have to say that I love my Carvin AG 300 with the extension cabinet.
[IMG][/IMG]
I'm part of a multi-instrument folk duet. We are constantly changing between guitars, banjo, bass guitar, harmonica and various drums, along with vocals. To my ears, this system sounds wonderful no matter what we run through it.

I was wrestling between buying this AG 300 system and a single QSC K12. The prices of the two options were very close. In the end I went for the Carvins, and I'm really glad I did. Good onboard effects, plus the sound seems to have a bit more of a "live" feel to it.

Take your time and listen to everything that you can before buying.
Old 05-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Charter Member

I don't have any idea of what your Classic may be worth... my introduction to the L1 system of Bose's was a Classic with one B1 cabinet; bought mine used in 2009 for about $1700, I think. The one I got was very clean and functioned perfectly. Loved that unit!

I would think you could get around $1200 for it if it's in great shape... just so you know, Bose has a trade-in/upgrade deal for the older L1's (which the factory no longer supports as far as parts or repairs!).

My speakers (the two tower pieces) were stolen out of my garage when I left the door open inadvertently, leaving me with only the sub-woofer and the base unit (and cases). Bose let me trade them ONLY that base unit, and I was able to purchase a BRAND NEW L1 Model II system for $1050 or so. I kept my B1 cabinet, and I already owned a T1 mixer-gizmo, so I was set with a new, fully warranteed L1.

I'm not familiar with the Carvin stuff; I have a little AER Compact 60 that I run with that Bose mixer for smaller-medium gigs, and I love it! Amazing sound out of such a small package! At 12#s, it's a joy to carry in to a gig!

Good luck with your choices!

(By the way, I still have the case for the base unit and the wired remote, both in perfect shape... the factory didn't want them when I shipped that base unit back... I have the original paper/directions with it, too, and I have no need of these things at all. If you want them, shoot me a pm...)
and the things I hold dear
are near...
And I always find my way back home."

"Home" (working title) J.S, Sherman
Old 05-12-2016, 03:18 PM

Look at one or two Line 6 L2t. Carvin is a good option. Take a look at the S600. It might just do the trick.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification