The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-07-2001, 04:24 PM

Post Sound Hole Pickup

Am thinking about buying a Taylor 355 for Christmas. I welcome any comments about which is better: Getting the 355CE with the onboard Fishman Prefix Plus electronics, or to get the plain 355 and add a L.R. Baggs iBeam or sound hole pickup. I know Fishman and Sunrise also offer sound hole add-on's. So what sounds better for occasional stage performances? I would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.
Old 09-10-2001, 07:27 AM

Cool

While ive never used the I beam Ihave used the soundhole pickup. I have one(but its not with me so I cant remember the make or model) but has its own volume control. It works great when I want to lightly amp one of my non A/E guitars. I dont have feedback problems with it and I think total cost on it was 159?. I dont use it much but I dont think it would handle being overdriven but for moderate play its great. Its very rarely used so I cant give a good A/B against other brands. When I get home I will dig it out and tell you what model it is. JW

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification