The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-26-2001, 10:25 PM
honeyburst 614

Post Blender or Prefix Plus

Hey All!
Just wondered if I am the only one that thinks the prefix plus is easier to dial in than the blender? I have had both pre's in the same guitar and I always prefer the prefix plus. The blender is a good concept but, I think it needs a little refinement.
Old 09-18-2001, 02:16 PM

Hi there.

I just tried the Prefix Plus about a week ago, and was really impressed. I use the Bass Blender for my upright bass all the time, and I find that unit is better if you are going into a PA rather than an amp. The Prefix is fabulous into an amp.
Old 09-18-2001, 05:50 PM

I just bought a 314kce and am very disappointed with the plugged in sound of the standard prefix. Has anyone else swapped out the standard prefix for the plus, pro or blender with better results?

I love everything about the guitar except the plugged in sound. My old Takamine sounds better. I have a call in to Taylor customer service regarding this issue. I'm just curious if anyone else has run into the same thing I have.

Thanks!
Old 09-19-2001, 12:43 AM

What is the difference (feature-wise) between the Prefix and the Plus?

I am contemplating purchasing a 315ce, but I'm not so confident about the "e".

Ken
Old 09-20-2001, 12:35 PM

WHY ME: I have the Prefix basic system in my 314MCE. I struggled with the sound of it plugged in, and then I finally bought the newer Fishman Platinum pro eq (after contacting Fishman about the quacky tone) which did wonders for the sound. The Platinum has a smooth feature that works well, among other controls which make it workable for my given live play situation. Works great for me! As somebody else once said recently, "good sound costs money" Am thinking about PUTW for both guitars when cash allows.(also have a K14C no-E) Get/or Try the Platinum.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification