The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-06-2006, 02:04 PM

Personally, I prefer the Venetian. I think, as Billy Boy said, it can depend, as some Florentines are certainly better than others.

A lot also depends on the body style. A Florentine on a Ryan looks great; a Florentine on a dread -- not so much.

I'm just a fan of the curved stylings; a sharp point is incongruous to me with the elegant curving of the Taylox x14 body style I like.

Also, regarding the need of a cutaway: When I capo up, I find I really use that area for chord voicings/fingerings. It's not so much for playing a lead, as much as it is capoing high and allowing for inversions. Also, if I spend enough for a high-end guitar, and get one without a cutaway, I'd regret that far more than paying for one I use sparingly...
Old 11-06-2006, 06:30 PM

For a Grand Auditorium or small jumbo I prefer Venetian. I only like Florentine cuts on Jumbo's and some small bodied guitars. No cut on Dreads for me yek.
'09 CA Guitars X
'09 CA Guitars Custom OX
Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 PM

I have both. I like the looks of a Florentine better (my new Kronbauer has one). I think Venetian ones are probably easier to do.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion