The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases

Old 03-02-2020, 01:59 PM
Charter Member

Default Players Looking for Players - by Location, etc.

Okay, we all know Craigslist ads seldom bring the responses we're hoping for (that's been my experience anyhow, for years).

Hoping we can use this thread to tell others where we are, what we have to offer musically, what we hope to find in other players, and goals (ie, acoustic duo vs full band, occasional open mic vs constant gigging, style of music, originals vs covers, other instruments, etc., etc.).

So a key word search in this case would include Location in the Title Block above the Message Block. Example:

Title:
Forest Grove, Oregon - Acoustic Classic Rocker Seeking Singer/Player.

Pretty much what the title says... I play guitar and sing harmonies. Looking for a vocalist/player who wants to kill at a local open mic 1-2x a month. Lots of band and duo experience (classic rock, blues, ballads and clever pop), looking for an acoustic duo partner who can sing fun cover tunes and play along. I play well and provide accurate vocal harmonies. Hoping to stay near Forest Grove (Cornelius, Banks, Hillsboro, Beaverton so getting together doesn't become a commute/chore).

If interested, please drop me a PM (Private Message) and we can sort out the details there. Thanks in advance.

--------------

So, do you guys and gals think this might take off? I believe it might become a useful resource for players to connect.

BTW, that's pretty much my actual ad.

Last edited by tinnitus; 03-02-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:58 PM

Default Sydney, Australia. Acoustic only, blues, jug, rootsy, folky, jazz perhaps.

I think this is a great idea. I'll continue.

Looking for like-minded acoustic players, interested in the genres listed but not too strict about it. Looking for jammers, if things gel, maybe a performance or two but mainly for fun.
Banjos, madolins, and other acoustics instruments also welcome.

For those that know Sydney, I'm in the inner west.

pm me for details if interested.
Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 03-03-2020, 05:01 AM
Charter Member

Default Plainview, NY......Plainview Acoustic Jam

Welcome to the Plainview Acoustic Jam. All acoustic players and singers are welcome. We meet at the Plainview-Old Bethpage Library on Old Country Rd in Plainview, usually on the third Tuesday of the month. You can find us on the library calendar.

We started last summer and right now we get 8 to 10 players with guitar, banjo, mandolin, and Uke. We could use a bass player, but whatever you have, come on down and join us!
Old 03-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Default Upstate SC Strummer/singer seeking musical partner/partners

Recently relocated to Salem SC/Keowee Key. I play a wide variety of tunes. My strength is strumming and singing. I play out one or two nights a month under the handle “Lawrence George” ...check FB under Lawrence George Music for a couple of samples. Also performed in Illinois as THE Strum Brothers...take a look at FB for an idea of what I’m shooting for. Looking for a player to accompany/solo/harmonize. Respond via text if interested. 847-997-0672 Larry

Last edited by Greyhound; 03-03-2020 at 11:10 AM.
Old 03-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Default Portland, Oregon

Play Americana type of music. Lots of different songs. Play acoustic and sing. Play out a little. I can play a solid rhythm and a bit of flat picking and so on. NOT an accomplished player, but solid open (cowboy) chords.
I am old, short and bald. I have a decent voice. Also have nice PA equipment.
Would like to be in a duo or a trio or....any instrument that works is fine with me. Playing for $ or fun. Care facilities are fine, festivals and so on.
More info on request....

John
Old 03-03-2020, 03:57 PM
Charter Member

Default Forest Grove, Oregon - Acoustic Classic Rocker Seeking Singer/Player

I play guitar and sing harmonies. Lots of band and duo experience (classic rock, blues, ballads and clever pop).

Searching for an acoustic duo partner who can sing fun cover tunes and play along. Goal is to kill at a local open mic 1-2x a month.

I play well and provide accurate vocal harmonies. Hoping to stay near Forest Grove (Cornelius, Banks, Hillsboro, Beaverton, West Portland so getting together doesn't become a commute/chore).

If interested, please drop me a PM (Private Message) and we can sort out the details there. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by tinnitus; 03-03-2020 at 07:01 PM.
Old 06-30-2020, 05:23 PM
Charter Member

Well this thread fell flat as a pancake when the plague hit!

I hope it sees some new life when more people start moving around again.
Old 07-08-2020, 03:50 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinnitus View Post
Well this thread fell flat as a pancake when the plague hit!

I hope it sees some new life when more people start moving around again.
Lol - I'm not surprised it fell flat. We're starting to see venues offer live performance, mostly outdoors. We're still not ready to eat out let alone play out. In all honesty I wouldn't be surprised to see us start back up for at least another year.

That said, one upside to this is the AGF open mic group we started. Sharing performances with your AGF friends every other week. Great fun.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Events and New Releases