The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 08-18-2019, 04:42 PM
AGF Sponsor

Default ACUS Oneforstrings 8

I own one, absolutely love it but I'd like to find another as a back up or to use with another player when the gig calls for that. Unfortunately, despite extensive searches on the internet I cannot find one (wooden cabinet) anywhere. If anyone here can point me toward a retailer who has one in stock it would be really appreciated. The manufacturer in Italy apparently does not ship to the U.S. with direct sales and all their dealers must go through a distributor in Chicago. Thanks!

Gene
Old 08-19-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
I own one, absolutely love it but I'd like to find another as a back up or to use with another player when the gig calls for that. Unfortunately, despite extensive searches on the internet I cannot find one (wooden cabinet) anywhere. If anyone here can point me toward a retailer who has one in stock it would be really appreciated. The manufacturer in Italy apparently does not ship to the U.S. with direct sales and all their dealers must go through a distributor in Chicago. Thanks!

Gene
I had to get mine fixed back in March. The line had JUST been taken over by Lyon & Healy in Chicago, IL. I called and spoke to a really nice Italian fella named Massimo, his phone number is: 312-226-1705. It may seem awkward to call him directly but he doesn't mind at all. He arranged to have mine shipped back and he basically installed a whole new amp module and now it's perfect. He paid shipping BOTH WAYS on that beast wich I believe weighs more than lead, lol. I then got into some dialog with him because he was looking for potential dealers to take on the Acus line, so I sent him a link to several to pursue (I used to work in the music sales biz). I don't know where things are at but who knows, maybe he has a stack in the office and he'll sell you one. Or at least ask him what dealer to go through.

FYI, I bought mine at MusiciansFriend.com and you're right, they no longer sell them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-19-2019, 02:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Thanks for the info Paulie. I found one from Pro Audio Land in CA this morning and ordered it. I too had an issue with my first one about 1 1/2 years ago and returned it to the dealer at my own expense (ouch) and was only given an 80% refund ("restocking fee".... ouch ouch) but bought my present one about a year ago from another dealer who no longer carries them. In any case, I hope the one I'm getting is not "new old stock" with the same issues as yours and my first one. Time will tell I guess....

But in spite of all this, I am so enthralled with the sound of this amp - clear, clean, robust but without unnatural coloration, as close to a mic'ed sound as I've heard - that I'm determined to stick with it. I've owned virtually every other high end acoustic amp, AER, Henrickson, Schertler, Bose, others, and NONE come close to the fidelity of the ACUS. Plus it looks very classy with the dovetailed wood cabinet. I get compliments about the sound just about every time I play out from both audience members and other musicians.
Old 08-21-2019, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capefisherman View Post
...But in spite of all this, I am so enthralled with the sound of this amp - clear, clean, robust but without unnatural coloration, as close to a mic'ed sound as I've heard - that I'm determined to stick with it. I've owned virtually every other high end acoustic amp, AER, Henrickson, Schertler, Bose, others, and NONE come close to the fidelity of the ACUS. Plus it looks very classy with the dovetailed wood cabinet. I get compliments about the sound just about every time I play out from both audience members and other musicians.
I know, the sound is pretty much perfect. Even if you play a song from your iPod or plug in a mic and use it as a PA, it sounds SO high end. Right now mine is getting used at our church to plat a Roland RD800 grand piano through, and it sounds better than the keyboard rig we have for it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Old 08-21-2019, 11:50 AM

I love mine too. Great bit of kit.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification