The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 09-30-2010, 12:25 PM

Default Rainsong Hybrid Dreadnought Review by Acoustic Guitar Magazine

Just read this review of Rainsongs new Hybrid Series Dreadnought the H-DR1100N2 and though I would share it with you.

http://www.acousticguitar.com/articl...rticleid=26100

I've been selling this model since February so I know how fantastic they are but it's nice to read about them in print from a less biased source.

Ted
Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 AM

Preach it, brother! I don't own one, but I have played one (and other Rainsong models) locally, and was amazed. Blindfolded, no one would be able to tell they weren't wood. And anybody who says they could, thinks far too much of themselves.

The only reason I'm (personally) not interested in buying one is that I just recently got "serious" about acoustic guitars, and have been exploring all the different tones of the different WOODS, so for me a carbon/glass guitar isn't where I'm at.

But for pure consistency of sound & durability, they are amazing. A bit expensice for a "campfire/vacation" guitar, but it's the ULTIMATE "campfire/vacation" axe.
2023 Traveler Redlands Spruce Concert

"Just play today. The rest will work itself out." - Bob from Brooklyn
Old 10-01-2010, 09:49 AM

It's not too expensive if you figure it will be the last "campfire guitar" you will need. Add to that the fact that they are fantastic guitars that will outperform in tone and playability any wood guitar most of us would take camping and the price gets even better..

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber