The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 05-21-2018, 11:09 PM

Default Amazing street performance

Saw this on YouTube.

Interesting to me is the indifference of the passersby when he's playing more complicated stuff. Only when he's playing chords (albeit quickly and with a looper of some sort) do they start to drop coins in his open case.

And what's up with the tuners? Looks like the bass side was replaced, but with treble side ones. Maybe he prefers to reach in front of the headstock to tune up?

Also, it said he's a famous musician but doesn't say who he is. And given that it looks to be in Europe somewhere I can't say who it is.

Anyone know?
Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 PM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IHDrNWxSsk

The guitar is one of the most popular instruments in the world: it isn't uncommon to see or hear someone playing one. Often, those playing a guitar do things that are "guitarist things" that aren't very interesting or impressive to those who do not play and who aren't "invested" in what the player is doing. Regardless of how technically impressive a player might be, whether or not the sounds being created are pleasing or not depends upon the listener. If the listener has nothing "invested" in the player, often, it's just sound, sometimes noise.

Last edited by charles Tauber; 05-22-2018 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:14 PM
Charter Member

Nice music!

Good reminder to keep my day job
Old 05-23-2018, 04:16 PM
Charter Member

Haven't a clue who he might be, but then I'm not that knowledgeable about all the "world famous guitarists". And since I'm not impressed by someone doing an imitation of Willie Nelson, beating up the top of his guitar with a pic, I don't actually care who he is.

Given some of the excellent players who have posted videos on this forum, this guy isn't actually that good of a player. Sorry!

Dave
Old 05-24-2018, 01:30 PM

The guy at the 14:00 mark area looks to be related to a spider. Either that or the video aspect ratio was stretched to make his fingers look extra long.
2009 Hoffman SJ
2011 Hoffman SJ 12

https://paulashley.weebly.com/
https://www.youtube.com/c/PaulAshley
https://www.reverbnation.com/paulashley

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical