Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post

Go Patriots!
YES!!!!!!!
Old 09-07-2019, 05:25 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Antonio Brown leaves the Raiders and signs with the Patriots!
This should be fun to watch!
Old 09-07-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Antonio Brown leaves the Raiders and signs with the Patriots! The circus has come to town. Brown will have very little room for his antics on this team. I wish him well.
His agent sure does know how to pull diamonds out of a manure pile. Frankly I think AB is mentally unstable and isn’t smart enough to dream this kind of move up. He certainly is physically talented but as you said if he messes this up I wouldn’t be surprised. New England certainly knows how to use other teams’ disgruntled players against them - but it won’t happen this week.
Old 09-07-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Yes it should be. If Brown and Gordon can play ball and keep their personal lives in check Brady might have a big season.

I wonder if there's some kind of clause in the contract about letting Brown go for any antics - moreso than a usual contract.
Old 09-08-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerbie View Post
Indeed, it should be. The Patriots have done this sort of thing before with mixed success. The key is always whether the player in question actually wants to play football. Randy Moss succeeded because Belichick discovered in him a real desire to play the game at the highest level. Moss was willing to study and learn. Chad Johnson couldn’t cut it. Others couldn't, either. We’ll see if AB really wants to learn the game and run the sophisticated and precise routes the Patriots offense requires. AB has been living off talent, but that’s not enough in New England. To succeed there you’ve got to play smart, keep your mouth shut, and subordinate your ego. That doesn’t sound like AB, but we’ll see. As for the contract, I can't recall a situation where the Patriots were hamstrung by a contract. Belichick always lets a guy go before his time is up.
Old 09-08-2019, 06:44 AM
Charter Member

I’m thrilled Brown is gone. That guy needs help.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:30 AM

Default Spencer and Joe need to take over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil K Walk View Post
His agent sure does know how to pull diamonds out of a manure pile. Frankly I think AB is mentally unstable and isn’t smart enough to dream this kind of move up.
Au contrare Neil... AB is a master manipulator. To bad the Rocks show "Ballers" is in its last season....this is a story line right out of the movies
Old 09-08-2019, 07:39 AM

I did not see the Packers Bears as boring, but rather two, yes I said it, two really good defenses shutting down two, probably rusty, offenses. Defense wins games and for once since the last Super Bowl win for the Pack, they have a defense that looks formidable. Good pass rush, 5 sacks, and the secondary seemed to contest every ball which has NOT been the case for a long time. Yes, I do know it was the Bears offense, but they won the division last year and played pretty well on that side of the ball.

Once Rogers and the offense start getting their timing and confidence down and it is not a game of "can we outscore the other side", we may win a lot of games and be a factor this year!
Old 09-08-2019, 07:47 PM

Default New England

Pats up 20 to 0 at the half.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:51 PM

Yeah... -_-
Old 09-08-2019, 09:24 PM

In have not followed the NFL lately but when I heard that Oakland was going to be great this season because Derek Carr would now be throwing to Antonio Brown, I thought to myself—“Antonio Brown? Isn’t he that nut job that caused all the drama with Pittsburgh last season?”
2004 Fender Telecaster MIM
2010 Martin DCX1RE
1984 Sigma DM3
Fender Mustang III v2
Old 09-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Antonio Brown leaves the Raiders and signs with the Patriots! The circus has come to town. Brown will have very little room for his antics on this team. I wish him well.
I suspect that he may be insurance in case Josh Gordon self-destructs again.

Judging by tonight's performance Gordon is ready to play and put his past troubles behind him.

Brown is going to have a lot of work to earn his place on the field. I am skeptical that he is up to it. But, you never know...
Old 09-08-2019, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AX17609 View Post
We’ll see if AB really wants to learn the game and run the sophisticated and precise routes the Patriots offense requires. AB has been living off talent, but that’s not enough in New England. To succeed there you’ve got to play smart, keep your mouth shut, and subordinate your ego. That doesn’t sound like AB, but we’ll see.
This is exactly right. In New England, no player is bigger than the team. Not even Brady. Brown is going to need a major shift in attitude to succeed with the Patriots.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
I did not see the Packers Bears as boring, but rather two, yes I said it, two really good defenses shutting down two, probably rusty, offenses. Defense wins games and for once since the last Super Bowl win for the Pack, they have a defense that looks formidable. Good pass rush, 5 sacks, and the secondary seemed to contest every ball which has NOT been the case for a long time. Yes, I do know it was the Bears offense, but they won the division last year and played pretty well on that side of the ball.

Once Rogers and the offense start getting their timing and confidence down and it is not a game of "can we outscore the other side", we may win a lot of games and be a factor this year!

I think both those defenses would get destroyed when they face a real offensive team.
Old 09-09-2019, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David M123 View Post
This is exactly right. In New England, no player is bigger than the team. Not even Brady. Brown is going to need a major shift in attitude to succeed with the Patriots.

This is true. Belichick will trade anyone that’s not Tom Brady.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic