The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 06-17-2014, 08:07 PM

Default Jam 150

tried 3 amps today Schterler jam 150, Classic, and David. Liked the David the best but it still needed a larger speaker for me. The classic just didn't have the volume I needed but it had a little better sound than the jam but bought home the jam simple to use light and SMALL,would have liked a little more volume on vocals but if I want to rock out I have QSC 12. Tried of lugging heavy amps around. Would have bought the deluxe home if it had a 8 inch speaker and I guess the deluxe 8 in. is twice the price of the jam so I guess the jam works for me
Old 06-17-2014, 08:43 PM

Maybe you can get one of the extension cabinets at some point to get a little more volume and coverage? From all the talk, you've got yourself a very nice amp. Enjoy!
Old 06-18-2014, 12:25 PM

You can probably run your QSC12 from the line out of the Jam 150. I use a pair of Jam 150 extensions. Gives more coverage and greater clarity but doesn't seem louder if that makes any sense. Also I recommend a 4ft speaker stand. Gives easy access to the controls while helping dispersion more than you would think.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:55 AM
Charter Member

I have the JAM 150 and use it all the time. IMO it's the best acoustic amp available for someone that plays out in small to medium venues. Occasionally I find I need a bit more volume than the amp alone puts out. In those situations I have a couple Mackie DLM12 powered speakers. Usually just one of the Mackies up on a stick is more than enough. Your QSC will also work really well.

Also, I use a Red Eye preamp into the amp to get more volume for the guitar. It allows me to use the XLR input. Any DI box will let you do the same thing, but I like the sound of the Red Eye.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:19 AM

Did put it on a stand helped a lot, have not problem with the sound of the guitar if anything its great would have liked more presence with the mic for vocals maybe they could have added gain. But I really just wanted a smaller amp so I didn't have to lug around a lot of stuff. The QSC with mixer offers great sound

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification