The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 12-02-2023, 04:46 PM

Yeah, I’m getting excited to explore the range of the guitars.

Starting to think that the x10 could end up being the guitar that stays at the lake house in north Ontario, replacing the CA OX. Then sell off the OX. Wouldn’t get as much cash for the CA, but I’d have a helluva guitar that would live up there full time…

-T
Old 12-02-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd S View Post
Yeah, I’m getting excited to explore the range of the guitars.

Starting to think that the x10 could end up being the guitar that stays at the lake house in north Ontario, replacing the CA OX. Then sell off the OX. Wouldn’t get as much cash for the CA, but I’d have a helluva guitar that would live up there full time…

-T
Yeah, the X10 is a great guitar. Kind of surprised there isn't more praise for it here.

Will be curious to see how you like the X30.
Old 12-02-2023, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaemc2 View Post
Yeah, the X10 is a great guitar. Kind of surprised there isn't more praise for it here.

Will be curious to see how you like the X30.
I *LOVE* my X10. It's good enough it has kind of killed my desire for a Jumbo.

No, it sounds nothing like a jumbo, I'm stupid, not crazy.

But I enjoy it so much, I know I would choose to play the X10 every time, probably even over an X30.

I'm growing to appreciate its brightness and ease of play. Finding I don't need the complexity/depth of bass as much as I used to.
Rainsong Flamenco Nylon (SN#120)
Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE (GXi)
Cordoba Stage
Enya NexG 2, Mountain Guitar, Luna Tribal
Old 12-02-2023, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainfertilizer View Post
I *LOVE* my X10. It's good enough it has kind of killed my desire for a Jumbo.

No, it sounds nothing like a jumbo, I'm stupid, not crazy.

But I enjoy it so much, I know I would choose to play the X10 every time, probably even over an X30.

I'm growing to appreciate its brightness and ease of play. Finding I don't need the complexity/depth of bass as much as I used to.
Where's that Like Button!

There's at least two fans of X10! Lol
Old 12-04-2023, 04:35 PM

I took the x10 to an open mic in Concord last night to do a couple of tunes with a buddy. Everyone raved about it. I have to say, it sounded GREAT plugged in. Maybe better than my x20. No lack of low end through the pickups at all.

Several curious players kind of mobbed me after, wondering what the heck it is. Probably 5 people tried it out. I think I might've made a few sales for Emerald, lol.

But one gal who was particularly interested, while blown away by the tone on stage, also noticed the lack of low end acoustically. I told her she needs to try my x20.

I do more plugged-in playing at my place in North Ontario. I'm thinking the x10 might replace the CA OX that lives up there. x20/30 will travel back and forth so I have two wherever I go.

-T
Old 12-04-2023, 07:14 PM

Quote:
I took the x10 to an open mic in Concord last night to do a couple of tunes with a buddy. Everyone raved about it. I have to say, it sounded GREAT plugged in. Maybe better than my x20. No lack of low end through the pickups at all.

Several curious players kind of mobbed me after, wondering what the heck it is. Probably 5 people tried it out. I think I might've made a few sales for Emerald, lol.

But one gal who was particularly interested, while blown away by the tone on stage, also noticed the lack of low end acoustically. I told her she needs to try my x20.

I do more plugged-in playing at my place in North Ontario. I'm thinking the x10 might replace the CA OX that lives up there. x20/30 will travel back and forth so I have two wherever I go.

-T
Fantastic and thanks for the report!
Old 12-07-2023, 03:00 PM

x30 just arrived. I've only had time to give it a few strums between meetings, but holy smokes this thing has depth and tone for daaaaays... Wow.

Now I'm thinking the x20 stays in Mass. The x10 goes to live in north Ontario at the lake. And the x30 travels back and forth so there's two Emeralds wherever I am.

The CA OX that's at the lake now will be put up for sale, probably locally at the lake next summer. If it doesn't sell up north I'll bring it back to Mass to sell it.

Looking forward to spending more time with the x30.

-T
Old 12-07-2023, 04:54 PM

that's awesome!
Rainsong Flamenco Nylon (SN#120)
Composite Acoustics 5iM-CE (GXi)
Cordoba Stage
Enya NexG 2, Mountain Guitar, Luna Tribal
Old 12-07-2023, 05:01 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
x30 just arrived. I've only had time to give it a few strums between meetings, but holy smokes this thing has depth and tone for daaaaays... Wow.

Now I'm thinking the x20 stays in Mass. The x10 goes to live in north Ontario at the lake. And the x30 travels back and forth so there's two Emeralds wherever I am.

The CA OX that's at the lake now will be put up for sale, probably locally at the lake next summer. If it doesn't sell up north I'll bring it back to Mass to sell it.

-T
Congrats! Always feels good to make a successful purchase
Old 12-08-2023, 06:07 AM

Quote:

-T
Fantastic, glad you are loving it Todd!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber