The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Charter Member

Default NGD - Blackbird Rider Steel String

My review can be found in the General Discussion section here:

http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=425922
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Claxton OM Traditional
2014 Blackbird Rider
Old 04-11-2016, 11:20 AM

Default Thanks for the review!

Great review. I just bought a Blackbird Super OM and its my first carbon guitar. The 2014 Gibson SJ-200 has been played since! The play ability the volume our outstanding and the design is down right sexy!
The Rider is my next one and I will use that as a travel and a back up for live stuff, in case I bust a string and need a quick change. Its sad, but I think the Gibson is going!
Old 04-11-2016, 11:43 AM

Congrats, DT. My Rider has been my main travel companion since I got it about ten years ago. Joe has made some improvements over the years to the tone, but like with my older Taylors, the older models are plenty good, so I didn't feel the need to upgrade to a new one.

BTW, there is a new Ultra Light Rider package out that shaves an ounce or two off the guitar, and ships with both standard gig bag as well as a new Ultra Light "stuff bag" that will allow you to stuff other items in with the guitar. This new model will certainly appeal to backpackers looking to shave every ounce off their load.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:41 PM

Default When?

Ted, When do y9ou expect to get this new model in stock?
Old 04-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclist View Post
Great review. I just bought a Blackbird Super OM and its my first carbon guitar. The 2014 Gibson SJ-200 has been played since! The play ability the volume our outstanding and the design is down right sexy!
The Rider is my next one and I will use that as a travel and a back up for live stuff, in case I bust a string and need a quick change. Its sad, but I think the Gibson is going!
I'd love to try out the other Blackbird models, but that's not likely to happen in my neck of the woods. I may be the only person in France playing a Rider. I bought mine sight unseen from their German distributor. The Super OM is a sexy guitar that must pack quite a wallop, if it's anything like the little Rider!
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Blackbird Rider
Old 04-11-2016, 12:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted @ LA Guitar Sales View Post
Congrats, DT. My Rider has been my main travel companion since I got it about ten years ago. Joe has made some improvements over the years to the tone, but like with my older Taylors, the older models are plenty good, so I didn't feel the need to upgrade to a new one.

BTW, there is a new Ultra Light Rider package out that shaves an ounce or two off the guitar, and ships with both standard gig bag as well as a new Ultra Light "stuff bag" that will allow you to stuff other items in with the guitar. This new model will certainly appeal to backpackers looking to shave every ounce off their load.
Thanks Ted. I greatly appreciate your posts on carbon fiber guitars. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge. Too bad I got on the bandwagon after the demise of the macnichol forum.
1974 Alvarez/Yairi CY120
2010 Baranik Parlor
2013 Circa OM-18
2014 Blackbird Rider
Old 04-11-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vcyclist View Post
Ted, When do y9ou expect to get this new model in stock?
Have them now, pictures will be up on our Blackbird landing page later today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deft Tungsman View Post
Thanks Ted. I greatly appreciate your posts on carbon fiber guitars. Thanks for sharing all your knowledge. Too bad I got on the bandwagon after the demise of the macnichol forum.
Thanks for the kind words, DT. As for the CF forum, everyone from there is here as well, so no loss in info from members.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber