The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 11-11-2020, 08:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwinter View Post
I've always run outboard gear/channel strips into my interface, but I haven't done anything like running an outboard compressor on my 2bus, so I'm a little hesitant...
I don't have the AudioScape Bus comp., so can't speak to that unit directly ....

BUT as to the idea of a hardware 2 bus comp (in general) ?
I do have an IGS Tubecore 3U Mastering Comp that lives on my 2 Bus ,,and while no doubt plugins have come a long long way and I use plugins ......
As far as 2 Bus compression, IMO there is a presence and 3D-ish "dimensionality" (for lack of a more technical term) with the 3U hardware unit, that is just a bit beyond any plugin comp if have tried ,,,especially on multi track sessions (admittedly it's pretty subtle and takes a pretty good monitoring system to really notice) But it is there.

Its the unit with the vertical double VU meters.

KevWind at Soundcloud

Last edited by KevWind; 11-11-2020 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I do have an IGS Tubecore 3U Mastering Comp that lives on my 2 Bus ,,and while no doubt plugins have come a long long way and I use plugin...
Good lord that's a pretty unit.

I'm sitting tight on purchases right now, despite Rockabilly69 urging me to jump in on one or two very nice mics on sale (an Austrian Audio OC8180 and a JZ Microphones BB29), but my RME ADI 8 just died and had to be replaced, so I'm receiving a Ferrofish Pulse 16 tomorrow, which is exciting—especially since it gives me 8 more channels (I have 14 channels of outboard pres in addition to my Apollo 8's 4 Unison pres (which I like a lot for transparency).

And I need to figure out the routing for my new Behringer Powerplay headphone distribution unit....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD